Trent

bucket

Anyone point me to site where I can research stretches of the Trent with a view to day ticket fishing for everything!! want to do a bit of barbel/chub'in and some stick work, as I'll have two rods out

Ta

no idea!! used to fish Notts embankment, collingwood, hoveringham, radford etc.... with my local club. Basically just looking for a decent strectch with scope for a bit of barbel fishing and trotting a stick through.

its not day ticketed but derby railway anglers is worth a look Their web site or even pride of derby who also have some nice stretches see their web site

pride of derby and you could fish at trent lock on the free stretch at long eaton

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i have and they have stretches that haven't seen

much presure in the last few years between burton

on trent and swarkstone,which i intend of basing

an Autumn fishing spree on for barbel and chub i

know theres barbel to 9lbs in a strech below one

of drac's waters but its a private stretch.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Newark and sourouding aeras are mostly day ticket's at £3 daily a lot of good waters.

There are also many water around the £5 mark Bobs Island , Kingfishers .

Any help around this area send me an email and I'll do my best to answer.

mdg

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

When I was practicing for the National on the Trent last year I took a walk along the day ticket section at Kelham just outside Newark (I later found it wasnt in the Match). Here the river is much narrower, maybee less than half the width of downstream at Winthorpe, as much of the flow form the river diverts through Newark Dyke further upstream. It is a much more intimate and readable river here with obvious channels and shallows. There were some good Barbel being caught whilst I walked the bank as well as chub. Day tickets are available from the tackle shop in Newark.

[ 11. August 2005, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: A Worm On One End........ ]

Thanks guys, a great help. What are the in baits then?

I'm thinking of a stick float attack with hemp and caster and throwing out a halibut pellet/bollie on the avon rod

is there any stretches where day tickets can be got on the bank? I'm thinking of arriving at first light and staying till mid afternoon.... our lass goes barmy when I bugger off for the evening!!!