Rod pods...

Pittpony

The Reel Deal:

Banksticks....all the way. More versatile. Spread out your rods. Give it a try.

OK, concrete, I`d use a pod, but then again, how often, these days do we fish off concrete?

I agree with you, which is how I started my review of the Cygnet. In particular it means that you can point your rods directly at the bait. This means that the rod top doesn't absorb any knocks and thus banksticks improve bite indication. Carp don't always run off with the bait even with bolt rigs! It's also vital when fishing for big perch which often drop the bait on feeling this resistance.

However, apart from using on concrete, pods are also useful on platforms over deep water. Having said that all the platforms bar one at Wingham have holes for banksticks, although you may need long ones on some of them!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

aanthony.

Re the Nash power pod.

I have had one for two years now and would not change it I have used fox pods in the past and they make some good pods. the only problem with the Nash pod is the weight, other than that it is a good bit of gear.

Go on have a laught.

I use a nash outlaw pod.

Cost me 20 quid brand new.

Works as well as one costing 200 quid.

I would have a decent one if I could justify it but I very rarely fish for carp using ledger/buzzers etc and in most pegs that I do I can use bank sticks.

I agree with the rod pointing at the bait thing.

The only time a ledger angler doesnt need his rod pointing at his bait is when using quiver or swingtips as a bite indication or when touch ledgering.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Andy Nellist:

I have a cygnet grand snyper extreme which comes with three and four rod buzzer bars for around 200 quid. It is lightweight, extremely stable even in 60 mile an hour winds and can cope with any banks.

And along with my Fox job can deal with 60lb puppy Newfoundland trying to knock it over !

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !