Maize

Ziffy

anyone here use maize?

if so how do you use it?

I am thinking of giving it a go, and seeing as i have never used it, i dont know where to start.

is it possible to use it with a pva bag of pellet?

do i chuck it in like i would pellet or other baits i have used?

hello ziffy

maize is a quality bait for catchin carp i have been using it all summer and in france for a week with good results(see jonchery).Its about this time of year that i stop using it though prefering to use boilies as the fish will be havin a feed up before winter sets in(others might disagree).

You can use it pva bags as long as you dry it out for obvious reasons.I have been using 1 piece of maize and 1 piece of artificial maize which seems to give a semi bouyant feel to the hookbait

let me know what you decide and good luck

craig

If I can just add a word here. I lived in R.S.A. for some time and used maize meal as well as maize grains. Maize meal is cooked with as little water as possible and becomes a 'porridge' like T.P. paste. The sacepan will look terrible, all burnt on, but put it in to soak and the 'burnt on' maize left will come of like a liner. The porridge must be kneaded like T.P. paste and can then be used like it. I have had fantastic results in R.S.A. and also here. :D

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Maize is a great bait.Caught loads of carp on it from all over the world.nice and cheap and easy to use and prepare.Would have to reccomend it more as a summer bait though.I like to soak mine for a couple of days then boil it for 30mins.I then like to leave it untill it starts to ferment before I use it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I usually put some sugar and flavouring in whilst boiling, but others catch on plain maize.

Best to look for decent quality stuff too, if you can't get it then give it a few rinses with cold water first, most of the nasty scum should float and can be skimmed off.

Jim.

Mald:

I have to agree with the other post and say it's a fantastic bait.

Fished over a carpet of Vitalin has been working a treat this Summer.

Fished with Vitalin, now you're talkin'! Probably the best Maize combo you can get! :)