Rigged Paste

mc_mrbishi

I see an article in improve your course fishing a few months back that had someone that used paste as a carp bait to much success as the carp werent suspicious of it.

This article showed you one of the paste recipes you could use and in the next months edition it was going too show you how too rig the paste.

If any could please let me know if they see this issue and how it was done i would be gratefull?

Also i thought, but could be wrong that a paste broke down in water so how is it possible to use as a bait? :confused:

Any help would be gratefull.

Thanks

Chris

some pastes break down, some don't.

you can mould paste around a hair rigged boilie or pellet also korum (and probably others now) make little springs that you mould the paste round, then hair rig

paste is a super bait, the most simple one that i use is scolded pellet, it often catches out wary carp, possibly due to the different shapes you can achieve, Jeepsters suggestion is spot on just simply mould and shape it to any size you like preferably around a solid bait a simple cork ball would do? If your on a short Hit and Run session then paste baits can be devastating (highly reccommended)

[ 13. September 2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

its just ordinary pellets mate that you pour boiling water over yourself just to make it fairly mushy, but dont overdo it you will get the consistancy right after a littl trial period also you may add oil? flavours, at that stage the choices are endless...good luck

[ 13. September 2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Common 40 ]

Use a neutral bouyancy ball insead of a cork ball, or balance the ball before you put paste round it or it will pop up if any small fish pick off bits of paste and the hooklength will swivel up of the bottom....

If you are using firm paste and re-casting relatively frequently then a matchstick 3/8" ( sorry - 10mm) long tied on the end of the hair is ideal to mould the paste round.