i got raker rash and im happy

Andy_1984

Forth & Clyde Canal mate, its a free for all and it suffers hugely because of it.

i do like to fish it as it throws up a lot of suprise fish and it has an added bonus of only being around the corner from where i live so its my very much loved local canal

I have just starting the Fishing and use Forth and Clyde Canal, is not suppose to be free is it as there is a Permit think it was £15 for the year, which me and my mate got when we decided we where going to fish there, does know one enforce permits there and if not they bloody should.

Its true what ur saying about people who should take there time to learn more about pike before they fish, and there should be a lesson/paper test before you are allowed to fish for pike so prove i know what ur doing before you can get a permit to fish for them.

I wouldnt dream of fishing for pike until i have more experience and know what I doing once I have mastered the easier fishing, and have increased my knowledge only then I would think about tackling a pike, so know not everyone on the canal is not a numpty :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Scottish canals is the law itself. It needs a complete overhaul, instead of all the footering about to sort all the little loopholes and problems that exist in it's passages. It's an outdated piece of nonsense written from the standpoint of the game angler only.

Fishing rights belong to the riparian owner and it's a matter of bank access. A Scottish fishing permit merely gives you permission to use the adjacent bank for the means of fishing, not the fish or the fishing itself. A canal is open to the public access as it is. Sorting out the problem of charging someone for access to something they can access freely already is open to debate and conjecture.

It's a mess. I wouldn't pay for something the law itself cannot enforce.

...Andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...