Luncheon meat on the hair

Neal

Luncheon meat is used a lot on my local fishery. I have used it with sicess floating for carp but alas on the hair its been a disaster. It appears to break up on impact with the water sometimes and if not I am not very confident that its still on the hair afterwards. Any tips apart from the useual twig boilie stop?

Put a bit of tube on the hair so it does'nt slice through the meat so easy.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Couple of options - let the meat air-dry for a short time until it forms a little bit of a skin, or fry it, preferably in some tasty additives like curry powder or all-spice or something similar. Will stay on the hair much better.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

A friend of mine uses sections of uncooked pasta as hair stops which he cuts to the full width of the bait, he reckons the pasta goes soft in the water thereby aiding presentation.

I've never had problems with dumbell hair stops so maybe they are worth a try as well.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Hi all, I use a cut off syringe as a punch to get cylindrical (pellet/barrel) shaped baits.

I can't remember where I got them from, but I use some bouyant foam discs either end of the Luncheon Meat. Once hair-rigged as normal the Luncheon Meat is bouyant enough to be critically balanced.

LM.jpg

Because the Luncheon Meat is sandwiched between the foam it doesn't come off on the cast.

I take a short piece of 1 inch copper tube in my tackle box. Pushed through a slice of meat it's a great way of making a circlular bait - you can also keep it in the tube while you fiddle around with the presentation - & just slide it off when you're ready to cast...

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog