b5

mad frankie frazer

Hi all,

Yes, I rate Mike’s products to be among the finest available. I’ve had a good relationship with Mike for a while and have learnt an awful lot with regard to bait.

To be honest, for me it’s all down to trust. You have to be careful nowadays with rolled bait and even base mixes. Many companies have simply outsourced their rolled bait on contract, and in time, my feeling is that the quality can drop as people look to cut manufacturing/ingredient costs, etc. With Mike’s bait, you know you are going to get exactly what you have paid for – quality bait with quality ingredients sourced from only the best suppliers at the optimum levels.

We started using the B5 on Capesthorne in late 2002. The results were pretty much instant and we’ve never looked back. Its success was, in a word, phenomenal. We made no secret of what we were using and it was soon the bait 90% of anglers on there were using. With so many using it we expected results to drop off after a while but here we are in 2005 and it’s still taking fish after fish. Many manufactures talk about how constant application of their HNV bait is great for establishing long term results, but my experience would lead me to believe that in many cases, the opposite is often the case! But our results on the B5 speak for themselves.

At the end of the day it comes down to confidence – I want to know that the bait I’m using gives me the maximum chance of catching a fish, and time after time the B5 has done just that where other baits have failed.

Yes, I do run Mike’s website, but hand on heart that has no bearing on the issue. I’ve also been involved with Mick Ball at MB Baits for the last year or two and the above goes for his products also. I’ve learnt a lot about the bait industry over the last year or two and it’s a real eye opener. At the end of the day there’s only two people I’d get my bait off – and Mike’s one of them!

For info, we’ve used both the frozen Shellfish B5 as well as rolling our own with equal success.

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!