Interesting opinions :)

carping_mad

James, to a certain degree the water i`m on fits my description perfectly. Come the summer its guaranteed that all the newbie members thinking the carp in the place are easy and plentiful will realise the folly of their actions and move away to more prolific waters where all the fish have names and will leave me in my little piece of heaven....alone!!

wolf.gif

My first question would be to find out the prevailing wind and check out the area at the bottom of the wind. I have found that carp like trout follow the wind to a big extent. If the wind has been blowing in a certain dirction for a few days then the fish will follow it, it works for me honest!!

yup found a 2 swims out of the 11 swims on this lake that produce and hold like nuts when the winds turn tides, and head inward. and the lake as severn wolf described above, is a little like my lake, you can leave your gear if you wish, although during weekends it can be a little dodgey doing so. lol.

Other than thats, its just pure brilliance!! :D