Hythe tomorrow

maidstonemike

Weather looks fine for Friday, anyone fancy a kayak session off Hythe?

Drift fishing from Hythe to Sandgate , no more than a quarter of a mile out, for Spring Cod.

Wind NW, offshore 12mph. Ambient 8C, windchill 7C, water 6C, sunny.

Cold water safety rating 89/100. Please be aware the sea temp is lethal.

Fishing two hours either side of low, perfect. Iv'e had my best results at low there. The fish move out from the shallows and hang around 500yds out, waiting for the tide.

Anyone with a kayak get in touch, I'll be there mid morning.

I will carry radio and flares if you havn't got any.

Edited by maidstonemike

I went for a stroll with my wife late this morning and saw you out there, it looked very nice, did you catch anything ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I went for a stroll with my wife late this morning and saw you out there, it looked very nice, did you catch anything ?

Well well!

No not a bite. It looked ok from the shore, but it was windy a few hundred yards out.

I drifted nearly to Sandgate, and paddled back to Hythe against a 25 mph WNW wind! Warmed me up nicely. The wind was cold out there too.

Lovely trip out though, really enjoyed it, as usual!

That's the thing about kayak fishing, it's still fun without the fish, unlike a beach.

I'll be back soon!

Edited by maidstonemike

It's always more windy than you think it'll be out in the Solent.

I spend quite a bit of time on the sea wall between Milford and Lymington and always use this site for current weather.