I really want to catch something this time !!!

Braderz

hi, i have been carp fishing for a year and havn't yet caught anything other than baby and small carp, i am going to fish a fairly big resivoir which is rich with carp on tuesday for 15 hours and i don't want it to be waste of time, so if you have any tips on how to catch a big carp please tell me!

Thanks

Braderz

A good fish is not necessarily a big fish. What makes a good fish, is something well proportioned and healthy looking.

HTTP://WWW.MAD-FOR-FISHING.TK

Not making fun but the key to catching larger carp is to fish where they are.

You would probably up your odds a bit if you spent some time just looking the water over - watching for surface activity that looked to be caused by larger fish.

Sometimes you can bait an area and find that when the smaller fish move over the baited section that a rig slightly outside the bait will produce larger fish. Sometimes.

I like to move deeper for larger fish but I don't think many UK waters offer the option of 30-70 foot depths.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Carp are good at that! They know where you can't fish for them I was fishing the canal the other day had no sign of any fish. Yet just the other side of the bridge in marina they were going mad for a load of bread rolls someone had thrown off one of the barges

Newt

quote:

I like to move deeper for larger fish but I don't think many UK waters offer the option of 30-70 foot depths

I rarly even cast that far!

[ 29. May 2004, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: badexcuseforanangler ]

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Dead easy. Just toss the rig out a little ways and let it freespool until it hits bottom and stops.

The really tough part is getting groundbait to stay in a confined area. And I've been hoping someone would start making PVA rope since the string melts in warm water before the rig hits bottom.

As noted on another thread, I've gotten some 25lb salt blocks with molasses and maize pressed in to them (animal feed suppliments) and am playing with them for baiting deep spots. A block will last about 5-6 days in the absence of current.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

As noted on another thread, I've gotten some 25lb salt blocks with molasses and maize pressed in to them (animal feed suppliments) and am playing with them for baiting deep spots. A block will last about 5-6 days in the absence of current.

Hey...now that is an interesting idea.

The water at the end of the pier at muskegon is about 50 feet deep....I have been wondering about a method of baiting that area.

Now..I have an idea.

Deer blocks Nightwing.

Easiest usually to stock up during the season but you can find them between times at a good feed store. I usually get a supply of the 25lb ones and some of the smaller ones that BassPro (well, Cabelas in your area or Gander Mtn :D ) have.

A corner of my fishing shed is devoted to bait and right now quite a bit of it is salt blocks.

[ 30. May 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]