PVA, to hook on, through or whole rig in.

craynerd

Hi guys, i`m just wondering in what situations u guys use the different methods of pva. I.e do you make little pva bags and hook um on, little mesh bags and hook them on, stringers, pva bags and hook the whole hook length through ?

What methods do you use and why?

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

usualy i like to opt for the stick method, for things like groundbaits, and small particles, as i can cram them in and i know they will break up.

Bot for things like pellets i just like to make up small bags of them, or large bags and ball them in for mass baiting

usualy just hook, it on, unless i am fishing far out i.e. 60yrds+ then i will thread it on the hooklink, as it aids in casting and i know it wont fall off. :)

HTH mate.

When pva bags first came out I took a pack to Heapey Lodges to try them out. They were the solid bags. Could i get them to sink? Could I hell. I felt such a plonker I avoided them like the plague and used stringers. Then Korda came to my rescue with pva stocking and a costers proof way of filling them. Sorted. I hook them on but avoid the not because it takes too long to dissolve in cold weather. If using a stick then i use a baiting needle and use a snap swivel to attache my hooklink. Seems to work. still shy away from solid bags. Scarred for life I'm afraid.

When the guy in the next swim started laughing I felt like punching holes in him too.

No, I did try that and even weighed them down with stones but the damage was done and I never really got to grips with them. Something I really should re-visit. I know.

This year is the 1st time I've used PVA bags, having purchased some of the Fishrite ones mentioned on this Thread

So far I've only used the ones with holes in & they've sunk just fine & I've been having pretty good results so far this year so am well pleased.

I'm slightly confused why some don't have holes in though, presumably so you can determine how fast they sink? I'd be quite happy if Fishrite had stuck holes in them all.

& Costers, you're worrying about being laughed at because your PVA bags didn't sink at Heapey! I'm surprised, given other incidents, you're even remotely bothered about such trivia. Have you forgotten the time when we used your one pair of wellies for the two of us to cross some sort of sluice or weir! :D Now that did entertain all that were fishing that day!

The holes take more time to make, and produce matey, if you look at say the ESP ones, i think they do them in bags of 25 non perforated ones and then 15 bags in the perforated ones, i dont know why this is but i buy the non perforated ones at then yes i can determine how it sinks and how my particles are splaeted on the lake bed

I.E. puting hols in the bag so it gets to the bottom, or gettin a big bag, and filling it, and not puting any holes in, then when it hits the spot, the particles get placed down over a small area, a little like a spod mix would.

Thats how i use them anyways :D

carping_mad:

The holes take more time to make, and produce matey, if you look at say the ESP ones, i think they do them in bags of 25 non perforated ones and then 15 bags in the perforated ones, i dont know why this is but i buy the non perforated ones at then yes i can determine how it sinks and how my particles are splaeted on the lake bed

I.E. puting hols in the bag so it gets to the bottom, or gettin a big bag, and filling it, and not puting any holes in, then when it hits the spot, the particles get placed down over a small area, a little like a spod mix would.

Thats how i use them anyways   :D  

How do you put the holes in them Carpy?

Am I OK just stabbing them with a baiting needle? Or do I need to take my Black'n'Decker??

yup thats how i do it buddy :D jus get the baiting needle out and go mad :P lol. dont want to see me when i am angry doing this! lol. but just becarful you dont hook up on the braid mate! lol.

Otherwise there will be some swearing going on. lol. i supose people think it is time consuming, hence hy they buy the bags perforated already, but i just cut the corners off as well, makes it sink straight down :) even with a 1oz lead and a 2oz PVA bag full of air. lol as soon as its got the holes in it the water can creap in and get to work straight away, :)