New JRC Stealth brolly system - first time out

Wordbender

quote:

It looks great and well worth its price. I am looking forward to try it out.

Well, not really. The second time I put the brolly up (in my living room)one rivet broke and the attached spoke fell off. :o Too much hassle to send it back to the UK. So I fixed it with a bolt and a nut.

The next time I put the brolly up for a carp session. Guess what happened? The next rivet broke and... :mad:

Now I don´t trust this product any more. What will happen if it gets windy - or if it starts to rain?

The rivets are much to small/soft and all JRC told me is send the brolly back to your tackle shop. Great!

Donner und Blitzen

I Know I hope he can get his money back.For £300 he would have got quality that would have lasted.

When will people learn. He's paid £150 and it broke in his living room. What chance would it have had on the bank. I have only had my Trakker a short time but at least it got beyond the front door.

JRC / Nash There all the same. Cheap Imports :mad: pushed by named anglers who are getting paid :mad:

[ 19. June 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Ginster ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ginster:

JRC / Nash There all the same. Cheap Imports :mad: pushed by named anglers who are getting paid :mad: [/QB]

Well mate, I ain't no 'named angler' and I'm certainly not getting paid by JRC, but, judging by my own experience with the product I'd certainly reccommend the Stealth.

Mine's already done some serious stints, here and abroad, and I've had no problems whatsoever. At £150, my Stealth was a bargain, and while ALL brands can have problems - I've seen dodgy shelters from Aqua AND Trakker - I can only speak from personal experience of the Stealth I bought and use very regularly.

Terry

[ 20. June 2003, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: Wordbender ]

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Point Taken but if a Trakker / Aqua has got a problem a quick call to the respective company and they are happy to sort it out.

Try that with Nash and you will fobbed off that they don't do repairs :mad:

And as said in a previous post JRC tell you to send it back to the shop :mad: (well handy if your in Germay and the shops in Blitey) with no appology.

And yes JRC are cheap imports. I was told at the weekend by a very respectable tackle shop there was a shortage of their new shelters, Why ?, The ship carrying them had broken down on the way to this country in Italy LMFAO :D British Made :D

Donner - out of interest did you get your money back :confused:

[ 20. June 2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Ginster ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ginster:

LMFAO
:D
British Made
:D

Do they claim to be 'British Made' then? Can't say I've seen that.

Wherever they're made, mine's proving to be amazing value for the money - and that's what matters, surely?

BTW - have you actually examined a Stealth? Can you tell me the features you found to be sub-standard, because I'd like to know what to keep an eye on.

Cheers.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I will not send the brolly to the tackle shop, because I need it now and I know from experience that it takes some time to sort things like that out. JRC appologized for the problems I have had. I will replace all rivets by bolts and hope to solve the problem that way.

I just got home from an overnight session in driving rain and a thunderstorm. There was no leakage and the Stealth gave a stable impression. I think I will be happy with it as soon the rivet problem is solved.

By the way: I caught two carps (9 lb and 14 lb) and my mate spilled his Nash Stink Fish Dip into his rucksack. :D

Regards

Donner und Blitzen

Like a bunch of old women you lot bickering lol lol.

Anyhows......i got the Stealth and its the dogs danglies, very impressed wiv it. Cant fault it in anyway. Again, two mates have seen it up and in s h i t e conditions and have since gone out and bought one.

[ 28. June 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Warren Gaunt ]