Clifftop

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Shot lads :clap: :clap:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Clifftop all you need to remember is the moon is a lot brighter than you think and your camera will get mighty confused with the little burning white blob and the mass of jetblack, shoot manual and use a shutter speed faster then you might think, i cant remember what this full moon was shot at but the waining moon was at 1/320th of a second (both are shot hand held on with a 100-400mm L)

moon.jpg

wainingmoon.jpg

Your gibbous moon again is the better subject. Note the chromatic aberration between about 6-8 o'clock on the limb of the moon in the first image.

Just my two bits worth you understand, not a criticism.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Your gibbous moon again is the better subject. Note the chromatic aberration between about 6-8 o'clock on the limb of the moon in the first image.

Just my two bits worth you understand, not a criticism.

it is shadow not CA, the moon was photographed the night before full and is at 99% :)

it is shadow not CA, the moon was photographed the night before full and is at 99% :)
It's a good shot, CA or not, night before full or not. My 'gripe' with these kind of shots is more to do with questioning why artists, cinema directors and photographers always seem to plump for images of a full moon or crescent moon at night. It all seems to be a bit cliché to me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote