Surface Fishing - Getting past the Rudd

JMW

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

singy:

No, but you can walk across the lake on the bleeding rudd that are in there

Aparantly they only put 6 in there 8 years ago, now there are thousands!!

Cheers

Jon

Yeh, on this place if you had a 3 hour match every swim would do 100lb + of rudd and roach. It makes particle bait application impossible.

Paul Singleton

singy:

Yeh, on this place if you had a 3 hour match every swim would do 100lb + of rudd and roach. It makes particle bait application impossible.

they need to put a load of cats and pike in there!!

No predators in there other than the perch and eel. Guess what? There are some huge perch in there waiting for me. Not many though, quite tricky fishing

Paul Singleton

singy:

No predators in there other than the perch and eel. Guess what? There are some huge perch in there waiting for me. Not many though, quite tricky fishing

Have fun, hope you catch a monster!!!

Cheers

Jon

Just a quick tip if you use artificial bread Jon.

I use the bread on the hook and loose feed the biscuits. The rudd will be unable to remove the bread from the hook before any carp arrive.

By the way without wishing to advertise, the artificial bread made by Partridge is far superior in looks and feel to that produces by Enterprise.

Good luck

Bill

what i do to get away from smaller fish is throw in bread to get the fish there but put a dog biscuit on the hook. The bread gets the fish there but only the bigger ones will go for the dog biscuit

Bill Dingley:

Just a quick tip if you use artificial bread Jon.

I use the bread on the hook and loose feed the biscuits. The rudd will be unable to remove the bread from the hook before any carp arrive.

By the way without wishing to advertise, the artificial bread made by Partridge is far superior in looks and feel to that produces by Enterprise.

Good luck

Bill

Cheers mate!!