Surface Caught Carp Record

Alan_B

I know there are no official record for the above title, but some people keep records of this sort of thing.

Yesterday I caught a 39lb mirror (previously uncaught) from the surface using a floating boilie. The fish was stalked at a range of just 2 yards.

A friend mentioned that he thought that a record of 38lb stood for surface caught fish.

The boilie was made from Inline Carp Baits liver mix, first time I have used this bait.

fish.jpg

Nice fish m8,thats a bloody cracker!!!

As for the largest ever floater caught fish was the "pet" from silverwings at 54lbs.It was poached during the close season so wheather u think it's a record or not is up to u.

It was also out last year at 49 lbs 10 or 12 ozs and that was the biggest apart from the poached time.

*scott*

That looks one lump of a mirror, well done.

The part that baffles me is though, the statement that it is a previously uncaught, a fish that size must be quite a few years old. To make this statement you would have to have the complete history of the fish, and the water.....

Sorry if you feel that I am putting a downer on the capture, I do not mean too, it is just that statement, that needs a bit more explaining.

Once again nice fish to take from the top.

• 2 weeks later...