im startin up carpin just need some genral info

Sam Jones

hi i found wot looks like a really nice reel of ebay and its new and he sells them alot.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=3644357230

and this shimano hyperloop of ebay thats new and he sells them alot from the same person.

just wont to know whether there good or not.

For more carp ishing go to www.freewebs.com/fish4carp

I love fishing

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

craig2309:

hi sam

depending on what sort of cash your lookin to part with, i would buy a second hand complete setup.

as for general knowledge about carpin i would get on a decent bait. Alot of people spend a fortune on the gear, then buy a cheap bait and wonder why they dont catch. also spend a bit of time trying to find the fish i know it sounds obvious but many carpers pick a swim cos its comfy and not too far to walk there gear to (i've been guilty of this in the past and its fair to say it has cost me a few fish)

let me know how you get on

craig

IMHO providing the water is not under extreme angling pressure then the quality of gear is not one of the top three factors to consider, neither is the bait, the three important things are location, location and location. DOn't cast to far there will be features (most likely) right under your rod tip so to speak. :)

Sam Jones:
Sam, don't get excited as I live in Holland so shipping could be difficult.

I am selling ALL my Carp gear, 3 rods (k.e.v.l.a.r DIA flex carp390 13ft,test curve 2 to 2 1/2lb, 3shimano 5010 bait runner reels, with boxes, Nash rod bag for 13 rods (2 sections :D ), rod pod, bank sticks, bivvy, bed chair, landing net, tackle bag (fox I think :confused: ) unbrella that has seen better days, wrap over (I think)+ loads more,£200 the lot. Oh 3 alarms and a very long cable and in the bivy alarm. Swingers as well, used once :(

Alan Stubbs was buying the lot but I have not heard from him except for an email telling me that sadly his Dad died.

Here are pictures.

an-1.jpg

an-2.jpg

an-3.jpg

If you are interested and can work out how I can get it to you let me know.

Cheers.

Alan(nl)

edit note - pictures inserted.

[ 15. December 2003, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Alan Taylor:
Sam, don't get excited as I live in Holland so shipping could be difficult.

I am selling ALL my Carp gear, 3 rods (k.e.v.l.a.r DIA flex carp390 13ft,test curve 2 to 2 1/2lb, 3shimano 5010 bait runner reels, with boxes, Nash rod bag for 13 rods (2 sections :D ), rod pod, bank sticks, bivvy, bed chair, landing net, tackle bag (fox I think :confused: ) unbrella that has seen better days, wrap over (I think)+ loads more,£200 the lot. Oh 3 alarms and a very long cable and in the bivy alarm. Swingers as well, used once :(

Alan Stubbs was buying the lot but I have not heard from him except for an email telling me that sadly his Dad died.

Here are pictures.

an-1.jpg

an-2.jpg

an-3.jpg

If you are interested and can work out how I can get it to you let me know.

Cheers.

Alan(nl)

edit note - pictures inserted.

the second little "bivvy" is just a sort of wind break and is included.

Cheers Newt :)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/