im startin up carpin just need some genral info

Sam Jones

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi sam

depending on what sort of cash your lookin to part with, i would buy a second hand complete setup.

as for general knowledge about carpin i would get on a decent bait. Alot of people spend a fortune on the gear, then buy a cheap bait and wonder why they dont catch. also spend a bit of time trying to find the fish i know it sounds obvious but many carpers pick a swim cos its comfy and not too far to walk there gear to (i've been guilty of this in the past and its fair to say it has cost me a few fish)

let me know how you get on

craig

Hi Sam - Do you really need a rod-pod? I and many other carp anglers prefer to use bank sticks rather than a pod. They are much more versatile and stable, just something worth thinking about.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

thanks for the advice im settin up a set to buy now and thats a really good idea and it makes it cheaper so i can get a more expensive and decent reel. plus with a rod pod if theres a steep bank and the water levels low you cant get close tothe waters edge because the rod pod will be facing down. thanks for the info.

For more carp ishing go to www.freewebs.com/fish4carp

I love fishing

Sam

It will be cheaper buying the set rather than idividual items, but then if you have the money buy the best you can afford. If it was me I would buy a set up something secondhand.This way you get better quality gear at a fraction of the cost it would cost you in the shops. Here is tfg web address

http://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk

Another one to look at is

http://www.alltackleauctions.com

Seph

Paul