Kids Questions

Hi everyone,

I am a member of the Pro Bass Networks, Fishin' Kids "Ask a Pro" segment. I have had a few kids asking questions about carp fishing which I know nothing about because in the States I fish for Bass. Knowing that you guys were carp experts I directed the kids to this site. So if you see any of them posting their questions can you Please Help them.

Thank You

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

JT - they are certainly welcome to post here. Although they will do best in the Coarse section. This one is mainly for long-session carping where the angler takes a bivy (special carp-angling tent), stove, sleeping chair, etc. and plans to stay for days or weeks.

BTW - "Coarse fish in the UK are all fresh water, non-game species and the only ones they include as "game" fish are trout and salmon and (with some argument) grayling. So, carp is a coarse fish for UK folks as are pike, perch, and a number of species we don't have.

Another resource you could use for referrals is the Carp Anglers Group where, among other things, you can find a State Chairman with email address and phone number. These folks are avid carpers and familiar with local conditions, lakes, etc. Not all states have one but if not, the chair of a neighboring state will be a good source.

Also, I imagine if you ask they (well, we since I am a member) could do you up a generalized "how-to" for carping that would do as an initial response for most of the questions.

One last thought - tell em when they post here to mention that they are from the US since otherwise folks here will assume they have general (UK specific) fish knowledge they won't have.

We do have some young-teen regulars on here who would probably be happy to have a US youngster they could "educate".

[ 05. December 2002, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt,

I have only had a couple of carp questions from kids since the deal is sponsored by the Pro Bass network but, I will try to get the kids pointed in the right direction.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell