Back Leading????

Polly

If using flying backleads and rig tubing like ESP Anchor tube. Put a bead between the tube and flying lead as sometimes the flying lead wedges on the rig tube during the initial part of casting. The flying lead seems to work better as well. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daz

quote:

Flying back leads are designed more for short range margin fishing with light indicators and slack lines for anything more i use captives.

I cant help but think you've got the wrong end of the stick there Mate. Consider and come back.

A captive backlead will pin the mainline to the bottom under the rod tip but wont pin it down anywhere else. So if the bed is undulating the line is held under tension in mid water between the peaks of any gullies betwen rod and main lead. in the case of a flying backlead there may be a distance of only 6 feet or so between flying backlead and lead so the likelihood is it works better than captives over distance whilst your captive leads will work better over short to medium distance on more uniform lake beds.

Does that make any sense.

I have to say that the flying backleads I use make absolutely NO difference to casting or playing a fish and have never been the cause of any tangles!

They just sit, quietly & unnoticed, on the line & do their job.

I'm not sure just how effective they are, I do still get line bites for instance, but they certainly give me confidence that I've at least got some line at the business end nailed to the bottom & I reckon they work for me.

But if flying backleads can do away with the need for leadcore and the inherrent problems with death rigs that go with its misuse, Is that such a bad thing. I would go with 18 inches of anchor tube and a flying backlead (plus bead) any day.

And before you start Daz Iknow your rigs are safe. They must be because they havent worked yet this year. I find it very admirable but don't you think you taking fish welfare to the extreme? :D:D:D

knit one. Pearl one.

:D:D Any rig item is a potental Death rig when not used corectly. I have flying backleads myself and use them when i need this time being when i know the bottom is up and down and is in conjunction with a captive. Or when fishing the margin with slack lines and indicators :)

As for my rigs its all part of the master plan Gona use the offer and use Rabster's bait :D:D