smokers? wanna give up?

chesters1

I stopped 3 weeks ago, was going to get patches and so on, but just went cold turkey.

I've actually found it really easy, wish I'd done it 10 years ago and saved myself twelve thousand pounds in the process.

All you have to do is force yourself to think of something else if you get a craving, to the point that you forget you want a fag. I find this only last a minute or 3. And try avoid drinking too much alcohol, you WILL want a fag and will probably give in if you get too inebriated.

Being smoke free and richer is a pleasure, not a curse. Keep it up Chester!

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

Dave, Well done mate on stopping, or even trying to stop..

On the 6th March 1999, I stopped a 100 cigarettes a day habit, that had been going on for mibbes 20 years...and one that was taking over my life!!...my hands were brown with nicotine, and my hair was yellow...I had a god awful cough, and was spitting up lumps of coal frequently... <_<

I made a date with myself to stop, and did...the cough was gone after about 3-4 days, and the craving was gone after about a week...I havent looked back since...BUT, I did discover chewing gum...and put on lots of weight in the coming months...so, persevere mate..if I did it, I know for a fact, you can too..:):)

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

It is now over twenty years since I packed in. That was two weeks after swearing that I would never have the willpower to do it. If I have achieved nothing else in my life to boast about then at least I can be proud that I beat the weed. So keep it up mate it really is worth it.

cheers all my last visit to the nurse today who seemed happy ,the only bad thing is still waking up at night searching for my baccy pouch ,i used to roll fags in my sleep and smoke them and occasional no doubt on my first snore swallow the buggers (hot stuff) if anything stopping for that reason alone its worth it what with red hot fags going down one way meeting a burning acid reflux going the other it wasnt nice :(

hiding my baccy pouch was pointless i just sleep searched

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I gave up 60 a day by going cold turkey and strangely for nearly two years could not smell much and most foodstuffs tasted the same. This was 20 odd years ago.

For a few years after i quit i fancied one now and again but didn't succumb to the urge.

As for all the money i saved, well i didn't, it just got spent on other things. :rolleyes:

The hardest thing on first giving up was my workmates who alway offered me a fag to try and prove that i couldn't quit and when i was at a bbq and had a couple of beers.

Hang in there Chesters1 you will not regret it.

Cheers Fred

Edited by Clifftop

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/