Calling All Brotel Owners

carping_mad

costers:

Sorry C-M Did have but Rabster pinched em.  But "I'm Not Bitter!"

Oy! I gave you a skin diver for them, OK maybe it did take me about two years to cough up, but at worst you just lost out on the exchange rate!

Those ones, I think as we've discussed on the bank, don't fit the thick ribs of the Brotel (I think they must be the 4mm ones), whereas the ones Andy has linked up take 8mm ribs, which must be close to fitting the Brotel ribs - or would be with a bit of creative drilling.

On a slight tangent, gotta tip my cap to Costers, last time out bad weather was forecast so i left the Brotel at home & took my Nash Hurricane bivvy, which when used previously I had been massively dissapointed in - turns out I was putting it up wrong - a few tweaks by Costers (well a complete overhaul really) & Hey Presto, I got a flipping tardis! :D

You going Saturday Costers??? I think i could well be.

rabster:

rabster:

Sorry C-M Did have but Rabster pinched em.  But "I'm Not Bitter!"

Those ones, I think as we've discussed on the bank, don't fit the thick ribs of the Brotel (I think they must be the 4mm ones), whereas the ones Andy has linked up take 8mm ribs, which must be close to fitting the Brotel ribs - or would be with a bit of creative drilling.

Make sure you do get the right one as Chub also do a 4mm ones as well, Yes it will be a close fitting. I would either be a lot easy if you could take your brotel to the near Chub Stockist to see if it does fit/nearly fit, Yes I just been to my brotel just now and the ribs are maybe around 9mm or 10mm but that was the nearest storm caps I could find at the time. If I do remember correctly that I did a little bit of drilling to either 9 or 10mm

But on word of a advice watch where your are drilling (if any drilling required)I have noticed in the past from various manufacture of the brotel i.e. Relum, Leeda & Savey all make them in the past so the ribs might comes in various sizes in 8mm, 9mm or 10mm so you might have could be any three of the makes.

There is another alternative is to get the 8mm Storms caps and I do suggest either a small round file to open the hole bigger the other way away from the edge of the storm caps otherwise you could weaken the caps if you know what I mean. Ok it will take a bit longer but it is worth it once it is all set up with the storm poles.

Let me how you get on doing this ok?

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/