wots the best line for on the surface???

BURTON

would stay away from braid for surfasce fishing try something liek 10lb double strength !

we were using 8lb double strength for our zig rigs not so long ago (11ft i may add) and it was suoperb for fish up to 23lb ! nightmare to land but incredibly good fun on light gear !!

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

I pressume Chesh's reply is in relation to the hook length?

For surface fishing braid (IMO) rules supreme as a mainline.Its qualities of floating and low stretch give you perfect control.

For hook length I still use mono.Maxima Chamelion in fact in various BS depending on the situation.Although a "sinking" mono Maxima is easily floated with line grease but those vital last few inchs can be easily degreased.Dont like fluro carbon in this situation as it is hard to float.

[ 29. July 2005, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

"wots the best line for on the surface???"

I like the Lee Wulff Triangular Taper Floating in 6/7# or an Aircell Ultra 4 6# use it with a 9' leader and a deer hair mixer patern.

Great fun.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• 2 weeks later...