line strengths

fantasticfisherman

hi all, i want to start carp fishing with two rods instead of one now and wondered if it mattered having two different line strengths on my outfits. i.e - one rod(and reel :rolleyes: )with 10lb and one with 12lb, or is it better to have them both the same? i haven't decided to deliberately fill the two reels with different line strengths its just i got them both at different times and thats just what i put on them. what do you think?

With as small of a difference as you have, it should not make a difference. Always, "Play the fish as though you are using the lighter line!" You can't go wrong that way!

HOPPY

Dont worry yourself.

Ever tried snapping any line 8lb or over?

I would use the heavier line on the rod nearer any snags, weed etc, just use common sense.

Before owning nice spangly matching rods etc I used to use an old carp rod with a baitrunner and 12lb line alongside an avon type rod with a general coarse reel loaded with 8lb line (open bail arm style).

Never had a problem and found I could put just as much pressure on a fish with either outfit as they were balanced.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

just set the drags on the reels indavidualy (common sence) no prob atal!

wot ya worried about!? unfortunatly most carping mags turn it into rocket science when its like i say commom sence! and loads of peaple mentaly tiptoe around the carping scene when they dont need to!

fill ya boots mate and dont believe the hype! as

public enemy once said!

the thing is one of my carp rods is a 2lb t.c and the other is a 2.75 t.c. i've been reading up on ideal line strengths for different test curves(i like to do my homework you see) and i worked out that 10lb line is the ideal stength for my 2lb t.c rod. that was before i got my 2.75 t.c rod which i decided i should have some stronger line on due to the heavier test curve