Colchester

Polly

Anyone off to the show next weekend? Fancy it a bit myself but don't fancy the journey on my own (approx 130 mile round trip). I just get bored driving on my own. All fishing buddies are too busy doing DIY etc before the good fishing weather gets here in a few weeks and wifey says she'd get bored and ruin my day out.

Maybe all AN nuts could wear a red carnation!!!!!

If I do decide to go I'll be travelling from Cambridge(not sure if Saturday or Sunday yet, don't mind either but Saturday looks favourite) sorta M11 then off at Stanstead route if anyone wants a lift.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Not really, just hate driving anywhere without someone to chat with. Basically just hate driving. Realise 65 miles aint far but would rather car share than travel alone.

My apologies fella, I didn't mean any offence.

I hope if you do get to the show you enjoy it.

I've never been to such an event, are they worth a day out? Is the aim of the show, from the punters perspective, to pick up a few items of bargain tackle, or is it more about looking at any new Hi-Tech stuff that's due on the market & drooling over stuff you can't afford?

dazler:

Ayup rabster is sniffing for some freebies agian   :P   What's the score sunday?

Finaly get to go fishin   :D      :D  

Without wanting to hijack Polly's thread, Yep, I'm on for Sunday.

I may also tweak in a few hours tomorrow.

rabster:

My apologies fella, I didn't mean any offence.

I hope if you do get to the show you enjoy it.

I've never been to such an event, are they worth a day out? Is the aim of the show, from the punters perspective, to pick up a few items of bargain tackle, or is it more about looking at any new Hi-Tech stuff that's due on the market & drooling over stuff you can't afford?

None taken mate.

Didn't get to the show, decided on a days piking instead. Had a couple of babes (9.12 & 8.04) lovely day out though, great to get near the wet stuff again.

I didn't make it but did anyone else go to the Carp Show? was it good?

Was this the one at five lakes?

I heard it was like a big car boot sale for carp gear with the sole intention of selling gear.

But isn't that what these shows are about?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

Was this the one at five lakes?

I heard it was like a big car boot sale for carp gear with the sole intention of selling gear.

But isn't that what these shows are about?

Can't comment, didn't go. Apparently there were supposed to be a lot of "big name" carpers there and programme of events looked good. I agree though, some of these so called angling shows are getting a tad like car boot sales and are just an excuse to extract money from our pockets.