caught my first carp

Chris Scott

on thursday, at hallcroft in retford, NOTTS.

using 2 rods one carp and the other float fishing.

in all 22 fish were landed, 5 carp,(a 2LB ghost,3 common, and a mirror) the biggest being a 6LB common :)

to say i was happy was an understatment.

the other fish were the usual roach, dace, gudgeon, and perch.

all the carp were caught on catfood (vitacat duck and turkey in gravy) on 15LB line and size 14's barbless hair rig.

cant wait til next week to go again :P

Hiya Chris, well done mate, you'll soon be into carp fishing then?. I also like to do some thing different for a change, in my case it's the float fishing as I am usually carp fishing.

I'm pleased for you on the capture, keep it up.

:):):)

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

well played mate!!

soon be catchin the big boys!! Frostie dont u remember the time wen u were new to the sport and your chosen tackle wasnt as gucci as it is now. i personaly started fishing with a bent stick 70lb line and a bent nail for a hook!!

keep up the good work chris

as for u ian ill c u on the lakes!!

treacle ni Slicks

well done on the catch! :D

today i made some simple catfood boilees to allow some castability :confused: ,i hope to try them tommorow so i will report back.

at least i know the cat likes them the swine was nicking them off the table while they were drying!

later guys i`m going fishing