Epix pro

Gaz51

Anyone got any opinions (good or bad) on the Okuma Epix pro baitrunners? :confused:

I'm considering buying a couple for the start of the carping season. Any recommendationms or advice gratefully received.

Cheers.

i only use okuma reels,they are very reliable and smooth plus the five year warranty means no major worries,the epix pro is absolutely perfect and in my humble opinion excellent value for money

Great reels for the money. I have 2 myself that I use for Barbel fishing on the Teme and Severn. Also have a couple of other models for feeder work and I have nothing but priase for them. Look on ebay you could save yourself a few quid on them.

Paul

Townlad, I have the Okuma EB-80s, Axioum and one of their baitcaster reels as well. I have found them to be well made and dependable. I have not picked up one of the EPB models to see how they feels, but will when I get the chance. They are the competition for Shimano at this point and their prices make you want to look at least. Do yourself and your wallet a favor and check them out!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

I have only recently started Carp fishing and initially bought 2 Wychwood reels which I thought were pretty good. I then bought a cheap(ish) Epix Pro 50 off of ebay, I've been very impressed with it, very smooth and of course much cheaper than Shimano.

Comus

okuma are ace reels but i prefer shimano. sorry m8 but to me they are superior reels. i know someone with the epixs however and they are fab, and absolutely fantastic for the money.

Ethan

All my coarse reels both general and carp with the exception of my Okuma Aventa centerpin are shimanos.

They may be more expensive but they are so reliable and have stood the test of time that you dont need a 5 year warranty.

Okuma's are good and I wish they had come out years ago when I could not afford shimano's.

I hope Okumas success continues as it might wake shimano up and make them bring their prices down.

One of my Baitrunners is an old 4500 triton model and I have full confidence in it while carping.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!