Boilies buy or make?

dazler

I have been looking into rolling my own as they say lately and looking at the initial cost of the gear,the base mix and so on does it make sense with all the bait rolling company's on offer? How have you found the costing side

???????

When ive asked most people theyve said that theyve tried to make their own but its actually cost more than buying them does. i wasnt sure of this but never looked into it.

i have always made my own baits and it is alot cheaper as long as you do not take into account the time it takes. take for instense the source boilies a 10kilo base mix bucket of this will cost you around £55 and to this one pot of liquid source £7 and eggs from this you can make around 15kilos of boilies which would cost you around £120 pounds at full retail. once the gear is bought you make more of a saving the more you make.

Not forgetting the loss of use of one hand (or both) for a while as the tendons and muscles shrink back to origanal size after all that sqeezing. i have also seen the rewards from making my own baits, also it is very rewarding catching carp especially on a bait constructed by yourself.

cheers for the early and mixed replys was in the same mind as tbone. yet still got the itch to make my own.

JDW what sort of time do u spend on rolling? IS it do in bulk and freeze it or in small batches? def fancy rolling my own

these days i tend to get a angling partner to help as it is more fun. we tend to get in a crate of beer and have a session say 10-15kilos of dry mix. will take you a good few hours (especially if the beers are consumed quickly as they generally are) but it is best to do it this way as you do not have to keep setting up all the gear for a few kilos. therefore the more you roll the better the kilo per hour ratio will be. honestly it aint that bad especially if you follow the approach out lined.