And finally, spod rods....

Polly

want to buy a spod rod, but do not want to pay over £50. I've seen the fox warrior in magazines but never actually handled one. Anyone using one, and are they ok?

Maximum chuck required = 50-60 yards ish!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

randal:

A mate of mine uses one and i've seen him chuck a korda spod loaded with hemp 80 yards no problem.

The Korda spod is quite big I beleive? also thinking abour acquiring one of those to replace my Fox pocket rocket (too small but ok for tenching). Sounds like the Fox Warrior is a good buy then.

I have a 2.75lb Warrior which takes the biggest Gardner rocket well over 60 yards (by a friend - I can't cast more than 40 yards with accuracy!)

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

A catty is tough when theres loads of lightweight bait to put out at distance though. I started using a spod this season on my local estate lake to bung out CSL pellets. I use a Shimano Exage (travel rod, 12ft 6 but a damn sight more than the 3lb test advertised!) The seven piece must tighten the blank up a bit.

wolf.gif

Use a pva bag!

If you are anything as bad at casting as I am it's the only way mate. At least I'm sure my free offerings are near my hookbait when I've cast.

Townlad:

Use a pva bag!

If you are anything as bad at casting as I am it's the only way mate. At least I'm sure my free offerings are near my hookbait when I've cast.

Do use bags sometimes (after spodding) but casting need to be spot on FIRST time, don't get second chance to re-chuck PVA.