Repairing a torn page in an old angling book

Maggie

I have been looking through some old angling books we have, and there are a couple which have clean tears or splits in one or two of their pages.

I know from previous experience that if I used ordinary adhesive tape then after a few years the adhesive will turn yellow and ruin the page.

Can someone advise me as to a type of tape that I should use for such a task and where I can buy it from?

I have been looking through some old angling books we have, and there are a couple which have clean tears or splits in one or two of their pages.

I know from previous experience that if I used ordinary adhesive tape then after a few years the adhesive will turn yellow and ruin the page.

Can someone advise me as to a type of tape that I should use for such a task and where I can buy it from?

Try this Maggie,

You may not want a whole roll but at least with the product name you might be able to scrounge a bit from someone :)

Nick

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Hi Nick, is Filmoplast 90 any good? I need to repair an old book and I've seen what normal adhesive tape can do.

John.

I have never used it myself but I know that it was used on some documents when I was at the Natural History Museum (London) about 10-11 years ago.

If it's good enough for the NHM it's good enough for me!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

That looks like a really usefull site John.Ive put it in My Favourites for future use.Might save me having to ask you lot all the daft DIY questions I have over the years!

I once had the book but the ex Mrs kept them.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

That web site looks very useful john and that Filmoplast 90 sounds perfect for what I want Nick.

Thanks for your help.

Maggie

I have never used it myself but I know that it was used on some documents when I was at the Natural History Museum (London) about 10-11 years ago.

My husbands uncle used to be a head curator at the Natural History Museum before he retired about 15 years ago, his name was Bill Manger, I expect it was before your time.

Thanks again for your help re the Filmoplast 90.