my weekend

fantasticfisherman

although i cant remember whether i put my topic on rods for 'stalking' carp in the margins on this forum or the coarse forum, i went to the place in question, it was a touring caravan/camping site with a couple of ponds about three quarters of an acre in size with carp in up to 30lb. i came back a very happy chappy with three doubles and one single(all mirror carp)under my belt they went 12lb, 12lb 8oz, 13lb 8oz and 7lb respectively :D . my dad had one at the last knockings that was 10lb.no pb's this time but all good fish(for me anyway)despite the weather down in wiltshire we had a great time. all were taken on luncheon meat in the margins

fantasticfisherman:

sorry i forgot to mention they were all on the float,

Given the right location Fanty, you just can't beat float fishing can you!

Not only can it prove more productive, but there's a magnetism about watching a float. Stand next to someone float fishing - you watch their float, the guy walking his dog down the bank stops & watches your float - it's like a drug & totally addictive to all who dare to look.

Nice one on your captures!

regards

rabster:

rabster:

sorry i forgot to mention they were all on the float,

Given the right location Fanty, you just can't beat float fishing can you!

Not only can it prove more productive, but there's a magnetism about watching a float. Stand next to someone float fishing - you watch their float, the guy walking his dog down the bank stops & watches your float - it's like a drug & totally addictive to all who dare to look.

Nice one on your captures!

regards

your right there rabster, just watching the float slide away was a joy itself