MAVER OR SHIMANO ?

happychef

HELLO FELLAS' AND FELASSES',got a bit of a dilema here i've recently purchased a couple of SHIMANO HYPERLOOPS 12FT 2.5 T/C for a m8 of mine only thing is when i saw them i thought,as you do when they are new,i must get myself a pair of them so when i got up this morning i thought i'd put one of my shimano 6000GTE's on one of my rods and one on the HYPERLOOP and see how they feel,now here's the dilema,they both look good,my old rods,used twice,are MAVER JURASSIC CARP 3.6M 2.5 T/C's,can anyone enlighten me as to which of the 2 rods they would keep MAVER'S or do i get myself a pair of HYPERS'(32.99 each),the MAVERS' feel lighter but the SHIMANOS' look better but i know the appearance ain't what it's about,to some anyway,please please please is there anyone out there who can advise me as i've told my m8 he can have my MAVERS' for 70 quid so i can get the SHIMANOS',what would you do ?

may your alarms scream

and your rod tip bend,

happy chef,

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Helloooo,

I personaly would stick with the mavers, the JC's are an excellent rod. There is nothing wrong with the hyperloops, but these are shimano's 'budget' carp rods. A pal of mine has a pair of hyperloops in 3lb, he likes them but his only complaint is they have become 'soft' quite quickly. They are now easily comparable with any 2.5lb test curve rod.

Hope this maybe of some help to you!!!

Hyperloops :(

They arent fully carbon fibre, the carbon fibre bit is the 'looping' effect up the rod.

Looks nice, but makes the rod saggy and poor quality i'm afraid.

stick to the mavers

• 2 weeks later...

The best budget rods on the market without a doubt are the Fox Warriors.

They put most rods of double the price to shame.

you can pick them up for 45-55 pounds.

Why not take one of each for a session and compare them on the bank, casting ability, feel, fish playing, blank spots, casting weight, pick up on strike etc etc etc

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!