Irritating and Annoying Tackle...

Tatiana G

Yep I have a few of those.

For barbelling I don't mind really as if the hook straightens, as it has a tendency to do with 20lb PowerPro & 15lb Mantis, when snagged it mean that I leave no tackle in the water but breaking that's a no no.

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESP Raptor Big T's, I had the same problem this season, on managing to land a carp after a a fair scrap, the hook came out in the net, nice i thought, one less thing for me to do, on inspection of the hook, it had started to straighten out, Im sure if the fight went on much longer or the carp weighed more than it did, of only 12lb, im sure the hook would of fully straighten and a fish lost. I have not gone back to them, little frustrating after tieing 20 rigs! I now only use Drennan boilie hooks or fox in the heavy gauge. Anyone else recommend some good strong carp hooks or good string trebles as I am preparing to tie my own wire traces for pike fishing in the new year?

• 2 weeks later...