Irritating and Annoying Tackle...

Tatiana G

I don't know about you guys but I have noticed many fishing tackle boxes still use veneer plywood or something similar as the walls of the box. This has lead to suprise suprise,- warping and such. My box is not a cheapo by the way. So why do they do it? Is it easier to manufacture? Traditional? Product are designer to be cleverly replaced after a couple of years? I don't get it? ;o) Tatiana

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many many years ago i was looking for a new bits and bobs box ,the tackle dealer (folkestone angling ,remember me ) showed me a new box which he said was made of new indistructable plastic ,it looked very nice ,i put it on the floor and stamped on it ,guess what indistructable it was not ,you should have seen his face on being handed back the remains :D

he took it in the right frame of mind but didnt offer me any other items for evaluation :confused: :D

i bought a cheapo wooden box, float section and a bigger section loaded with items for a good price ,10 years ago ,the box is still unmarked and unwarped despite rough use ,i expect the manufacturer of your one used substandard ply

[ 24. November 2002, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Irritating and anoying tackle!!!

Poles, blue seat boxes, blue keepnets, blue umbrellas, loud bite alarms, rods and reels with pointless coloured logos all over them, plugs and jerkbaits with oversized hooks, Hot-Foot boots.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Have to agree with the Hotfoot boots.

I'll add £100 brollies that last 2 sessions before they fall apart (cost me £300 in the end to get something that lasts), mono that breaks 30% under what it should 3 days after spooling up, hooks that straighten (losing you a good fish) for no acertainable reason !

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Berkley Vanish in 12lb & 15lb. Bought enough to do 3 spools of each, ended up throwing it all away as nothing I could do would keep it on the spools (and I've done enough over the years to know how to do it right!)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

davidP:

Berkley Vanish in 12lb & 15lb. Bought enough to do 3 spools of each, ended up throwing it all away as nothing I could do would keep it on the spools (and I've done enough over the years to know how to do it right!)

I'd add 95% of fluorocarbon line ! Have found a good one after lots of playing and that's Grand Max Riverge. I can straighten a Raptor T6 with this stuff !

As for rig tube get yourself down to the shop and buy a Pole Elastic Threader, avoid the Gardener carpy one that goes on this list, and cut it in half and bingo all your tube hassle will disapear.

[ 27. November 2002, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Andy Thatcher ]

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

I'd echo the problems with Vanish. Most unusual to find a bad Berkeley product though.

I too use Grand Max flourocarbon having tried umpteen other makes. It's distributed to UK tackle shops by Preston in the lighter breaking strains and Gardner in the higher ones.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net