carp location

Anthony78

Dont really no why they call it cat ice though. Perhaps its because the little pattern it creates looks like cats wiskers. could be wrong though. [/QB]

I believe "cat ice" is so called because it's just about strong enough to carry a cat but nothing heavier or clumsier.

DavyR:

Dont really no why they call it cat ice though. Perhaps its because the little pattern it creates looks like cats wiskers. could be wrong though.

I believe "cat ice" is so called because it's just about strong enough to carry a cat but nothing heavier or clumsier. [/QB]

But then I should have checked first - apparently it won't even support a cat:

http://www.moggies.co.uk/stories/catsaythree.html

carping-mad, what would you fish on the hook when using the stick mix. boilies are banned and im not a big fan of using pellets at this time of the year because of lack of leakage in the cold water. would luncheon meat or maybe a couple of pieces of corn do?

Thanks for the advice guy's

Effort equals reward!!

Anthony78:

what would you fish on the hook?

Whitebait!

I've got a visitor just arriving so can't post fully. However do a search to find out why.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Hi steve, Iv'e done a search and found some of your articles. very interesting reading. Its not a bait that I would normaly think of but maybe it will give me an edge on some of the fisheries I visit. I have a couple of questions though.

Would you fish a hole whitebait or cut it in to chunks?

If I were to prebait with these how many would I give em?

Effort equals reward!!

Corn yes defiantly!! this time of year definatly! Also chuck a few pieces into the stick mix, with hemp as well if you can, altho on the hook i would use maize and put it on hair rig style.

Leathal combination, Liquidized, particle stick mix, with a small bit of foam and a single grain of maize on the hook! Leathal!

http://www.freewebs.com/gcbait/index.htm

Might help you a bit :)

Anthony78:

Hi steve, Iv'e done a search and found some of your articles. very interesting reading. Its not a bait that I would normaly think of but maybe it will give me an edge on some of the fisheries I visit. I have a couple of questions though.

Would you fish a hole whitebait or cut it in to chunks?

If I were to prebait with these how many would I give em?

I've always used whole whitebait. As for the amount, it'll very much depend on the stocking density of the water. Although I found whitebait instant, I got even better results by pre-baiting. I used to use a whole 1lb at a time.

For anyone who can't be bothered to do a search, I'll just add that on heavilly-stocked waters I've caught more carp on whitebait than anything else - and I was trying to avoid them! If that prompts you to ask how to fish whitebait you'll just have to do that search!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net