Frozen fish food - will it work?

shooter

I bought some of this frozen fish food the other day, it's the stuff that you feed your pet fish and basically it is made up of tiny little shrimp things that you defrost in a shot glass of water from your tank.

I hadnt fed my fish this before but they went into an absolute frenzy when I put it in.

Obviously got me wondering whether this would be safe to use as an addition to my method mix and carp groundbait. Theyre brilliant as they are very small shrimpies, some of them float around which would be ideal for use with groundbait I reckon.

Any takers???????

(Oh, by the way, all my fish in the tank are Carp of 1 variety or other)

1 little block produces absolutely shed loads. Costs about 2-50 for pack of about 20. Anyway the amount of money some of you boys pump into your tackle is unbelievable. I think I spend all my time and money trying to find a new killer bait (not literally), obviously havent yet cos I'd be quite famous by now.

I used to go down the stream at the bottom of my road and net loads of shrimps out of the weed for free! Never tried them as bait though, so interested to hear how you get on......Also saw an article by Kevin Nash about using freshwater snails as bait, but not sure how much I believe him!

andy_moule:

......Also saw an article by Kevin Nash about using freshwater snails as bait, but not sure how much I believe him!

But Mr Nash always tells the truth, he's probably the most honest guy in the trade!.......I love that man, I do, I really really do!!!

[ 06. December 2002, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]