Broadband question

ben88

Does anyone know if it is possible or what provider can provide broadband without having to pay for a phone line?

hopefuly without using the mobile broadband thingys as as far as i can tell they all have download limits which is no good, and i cant use xbox live with them.

Edited by ben88

hmmmm really

Only other option I can think of is a satellite connection!! And THAT really would spoil your viewing!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

the problem is that my flat mate is moving out and taking the sky tv, talk and internet package with her and i wanted a cheaper alternative, but tbh i mihgt just plump for the virgin media service. I can get 8mb broadband, and a phone line for £5 first 3 months and 11 after on a twelve month contract.

So thats much cheaper than BT and there isnt a download limit.

hmmmm really

That sounds like a good deal - I would be surprised if you can get any alternative connection type cheaper than that, mobile internet generally works out a lot more expensive and won't be as fast.

That seems to be the cheapest unlimited downloads deal - do you actually need an unlimited downloads? TalkTalk do 40GB/month for £6.49/month (also remember that unlimited isn't really unlimited, there's a fair usage policy).

That sounds like a good deal - I would be surprised if you can get any alternative connection type cheaper than that, mobile internet generally works out a lot more expensive and won't be as fast.

That seems to be the cheapest unlimited downloads deal - do you actually need an unlimited downloads? TalkTalk do 40GB/month for £6.49/month (also remember that unlimited isn't really unlimited, there's a fair usage policy).

which phone line do talk talk require?

after actualy readin up on the virgin deal it works out to £16 for 3 months then £23 after that. thats with the line rental included. which i didnt add in before

nvm just called them, their deal seems too good to be true. does any one have any experience with them?

Edited by ben88

hmmmm really

Does anyone know if it is possible or what provider can provide broadband without having to pay for a phone line?

hopefuly without using the mobile broadband thingys as as far as i can tell they all have download limits which is no good, and i cant use xbox live with them.

I did alittle digging i hope this helps:

http://www.iapbb.net/ who supply wireless broadband. Basically you have a small aerial on your roof with a small box attached to it. The wire from this is fed inside to a small modem then direct to your PC. You pay your subscription to IAP it doesnt come up on your phone bill so this would work even if you had NO telephone line. If this is not what you what trie NTL broadband its only 9.99 amonth.

Line rental with TalkTalk is another 11.25/month. I make that 17.75 for phone + broadband.

Mobile broadband deals start at around £10/month for 1GB, £15/month for 3GB. No good for you.

which phone line do talk talk require?

after actually reading up on the virgin deal it works out to £16 for 3 months then £23 after that. thats with the line rental included. which i didnt add in before

nvm just called them, their deal seems too good to be true. does any one have any experience with them?

I've been with NTL/Virgin for some considerable time and have had no problems.

I'm on 10mb + Phone line + all local and National calls [anytime] for 27.00 a month. I pay extra to call International and mobile numbers.

It was 20.00 when I was on 2mb but recent price increases made the 10mb a better deal [only 5.00 difference]

Line rental with TalkTalk is another 11.25/month. I make that 17.75 for phone + broadband.

Mobile broadband deals start at around £10/month for 1GB, £15/month for 3GB. No good for you.

I think im going to plump for the talktalk deal when my current internet runs away into the sunlight in 30 days

hmmmm really