Bait Questions

Thanks Ant :D

here we go.

1) What is N-butyric Acid? and what does it do?

2) What is Betain, and what does it do?

3) Liquid Bloodworm, is it any good? anyone had any success on it yet?

4) Fishmeals, What do you reccon is the best fishmeal to use? there are some strange expencive ones out there at the mo.

5) What about the herring meal, and the sardine/anchovy meal, anyone know if they are any good?

6) CCmoores MegaBlends, has anyone used any of them?

7) If so, which one did you use? have you had anyluck with it? and what is its binding qualities like???

8) What do you think og this flavour combo?

CSL, Supreme Blended Fish oils, Liquid Bloodworm and Bio Squid extract?

What do you think? too complicated? anything i should take out or anything i could add?

EDIT:Easyer to read now

[ 09. April 2005, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: carping_mad ]

Blimey, may be able to help a bit.

1 - Stinks like nothing else on earth but carp seem to like it, compliments flavours such as pineapple.

2 - Natural enzyme(sp) I believe, found in plants and shellfish amongst others, natural attractor.

3 - Never tried it but have been keeping an eye on it. Should be good as it's part of a carps natural food.

4 - Different fishmeals contain different levels of protein and oil content.

5 - Should be good. Don't get too occupied with which is best, your talking about minor %'s of protein and oil content, price is basicaly related to how easy they are to produce.

6 - Nope, but heard and read good things, just to lazy these days.

7 - Ditto

8 - Sounds good but although CSL is a food source maybe worth adding something like multimino/ minamino to boost the food signal.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Not sure if it will do the same job or not as I haven't tried it. A whole lot cheaper though so maybe worth giving it a go.

Remember though........i'm no scientist. :D

There is a great book available that is well worth seeking out if you're going to play around with making your own base mixes. It's called the Beekay guide to carp baits (i'll have to check to see if that is correct), it list loads of different ingredients and explanations on what there purpose is in baits. I found it a great help when I was going through the stage of making my own baits.