Aqua / Trakker Armadillo...1 or 2 Man ???

I've made up my mind to deprive the wife and kids of any money this month and treat myself to an Aqua Armadillo.

The question is whether I go for the 1 man or 2 man version :confused: .

As most of my fishing is done alone and my maximum stay is 3 nights I've been told that the 1 man version will provide me with more than enough room and that there is so much room in the 2 man version that 1 person alone would probably lose themself in it.

Before I hand over the hard earned cash would appreciate any feedback from any Armadillo (fishing shelter) owners out there !!.

Thanks & tight lines,

Gadget

It's not the meat on the legs........

Gadget,

I don't own an armadillo but I have sat inside a mates one. The one man is more than big enough, especially with the extreme canopy on (or whatever it's called). I think we managed four people in his and that wasn't a squash. You also have to bear in mind that not only is the two man bigger and heavier, but it will also not fit in the smaller swims.

HTH,

Rob.

Hi Gadget,

Good choice.

I fished all last season on Betley Mere,it was Armadillo city on there! (the syndicate is run by Chris Manifold who owns Aqua).

On the first year of the syndicate there was quite a few different bivvies being used, one of the lads on the syndicate worked at Aqua and had the Armadillo, by the end of the second season I think nearly all of us had one..!!

The one man is plenty big enough for a big bedchair, table, and a shed load of gear. The 2-man can also be used as a double garage

Build quality is excellent, durability is excellent, they are easy to erect and once up they are very ridged.

Some people have said that they can be a little difficult to put up on an uneven swim, personally I’ve never seen any evidence to support this.

Cheers,

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

• 4 months later...

I. Gadget,

Have you got your Armadillo yet? I too, have made the call today with plastic in hand and have ordered a two man. As with yourself, I mostly fish alone and do a two or three night stint. Currently have a Fox Classic Euro Dome, which is great but a bit small for long winter nights.

I need to be able to swing the cat a bit wider and the two man Arm. seems to have that capability.

"Where There`s Smoke, There`s Salmon"

Your fellow syndicate member, Singy, has the 1 man, I believe. It might be worth meeting up with him to look at it. As he posts on the Forum regularly he'll probably be able to give his opinion here.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I do have the one man dillo, and love it. I played with the two man, and it was just a little too big for my needs. It would be ideal on well manicured lake sides, unfortunately most of the places I fish it would be too big, especially with the super duper mega extened canopy :)

I have the one man with the extended winter wrap and it is ideal for all of my needs and I do tend to take a load of tackle.

Steve can vouch for how stable it is in big winds. The weekend I had the big haul was in huge SW winds and it didn't move an inch.

The only design fault on the whole piece of kit is when using the inner only (which I tend to do most of the time) is when it rains, the water gathers at the zip points and drips onto the front of the ground sheet. This does not happen when using the outer skin.

I would reccomend getting the frame support system. That way you can roll back the inner door, giving you a view of the lake similar to that you would get under an oval or profile.

Purchase with confidence

Singy

Paul Singleton

The dimensions are slightly bigger Singy. Was it too big do you reckon? I`ve never had a two man bivvy before but spend alot of time in my mates 2 man Titan or the other guys Daiwa.

Both leak really well!

Starting to do the long 16 hour winter nights and would like a little room to turn......

"Where There`s Smoke, There`s Salmon"

The 2 man might not sound an awful lot different when you look at the dimensions on paper, but over all volume seems to be 30% bigger when you look. Personally, if there is only going to be you in the bivvy I would reccomend the one man.

But if you like the extra size, then don't let me put you off. :)

3/4 week wait is about right for aqua, trakker versions can be purchased from the shops, but work out a little more expensive. £30 extra on the inner say. I presume trakker have to pay a fee to aqua and also tackleshop markup.

Both versions as far as I can tell are identical

Singy

Paul Singleton