Active 8

ThePiker

ThePiker:

Hi all,    :confused:   I am after some info on Active 8 boilies.

Just simple stuff really,colour,main ingredients,ie;is it fishmeal based,or milk,etc etc...Cheers,Des.    :D         I

Des,

Active 8 is fishmeal based, a silty brown colour and is made from adding activator to the base mix if I recall it correctly.

Could you please explain the comment "stop the cruel pike slaughter in Ireland". It all sounds very emotive and you obviously have a pashion for the things but whats it all about? I would like to know more as it should be well known now that the removal of pike, of the wrong size, is counter-productive.

Op -JB

Hi OP-JB,

thanks for the info on Active 8,very interesting indeed...Just to fill you in on my signature"Stop the cruel Pike slaughter in Ireland"...Well we have here (in Ireland) 4 fisheries boards,Northern,Eastern,Southern,and Western. All practice the barbaric stunt of gill netting Pike,ie:setting nets,some 100's of yards long to ensnare Pike by the gills,to such an extent that they suffer a cruel death.This is,in their words of wisdom to try and "save" the wild brown trout that inhabit the same aquatic environments that the Pike do.This is done every spring when the Pike go into the bays to spawn.This is done on lakes such as Lough Mask,Corrib,Sheelin,Garra, and many others i'm sure.Also we have the problem of poaching,where individuals lay nets to trap Pike,then they are processed illegally for their flesh and shipped to the Continent for human consumption.Also,if the last two weren't bad eneough,we have Continental visitors,German,French,Swiss, who pillage our Loughs of their Pike stocks by trolling,deadbaiting or any other method you care to think off.Any Pike they catch are filleted,and taken back home with them,are sold, and this money pays for their 2 weeks holiday the next year.I really do despair,worry for the future,and no-one will listen,well not seriously anyway.Also there are those so called "pikers" who agreed to the longlining of some of the Western Loughs, ( Mask/Corrib) to help rid the Pike from these Loughs.There is a lot more to it,but in such a forum as this,not eneough space,I do hope you have some sort of idea what we Irish Pikers are up against.

Des.... :mad:

ThePiker:

Hi "OP-JB,

thanks for the info on Active 8,very interesting indeed...Just to fill you in on my signature"Stop the cruel Pike slaughter in Ireland"...Well we have here (in Ireland) 4 fisheries boards,Northern,Eastern,Southern,and Western. All practice the barbaric stunt of gill netting Pike,ie:setting nets,some 100's of yards long to ensnare Pike by the gills,to such an extent that they suffer a cruel death.This is,in their words of wisdom to try and "save" the wild brown trout that inhabit the same aquatic environments that the Pike do."

Absolutely incredible!  It sounds like something that could only happen in Hell.

Pike are a native predator in Ireland aren’t they?  Why are these Fishery Boards trying to reduce the numbers of pike for the benefit of another species like wild brownies?  Money? Don’t the pike anglers pay enough? Do the wild brown trout anglers know this is going on in their name? Are the Boards intentions aimed at providing un-naturally high numbers of wild brownies, because the expectations of trout anglers are too high?  

"This is done every spring when the Pike go into the bays to spawn.This is done on lakes such as Lough Mask,Corrib,Sheelin,Garra, and many others i'm sure."

It would be nice to be told, when you read articles in magazines like Trout & Salmon, that the super trout of these loughs are a product of a horrific campaign against the mighty pike.  Des, did I see some of your work in the letters page a while ago? If so, well done!

"Also we have the problem of poaching,where individuals lay nets to trap Pike,then they are processed illegally for their flesh and shipped to the Continent for human consumption.Also,if the last two weren't bad eneough,we have Continental visitors,German,French,Swiss, who pillage our Loughs of their Pike stocks by trolling,deadbaiting or any other method you care to think off.Any Pike they catch are filleted,and taken back home with them,are sold,"

With the attitude of the Boards as an example, it is a surprise the pike aren’t reduced to fertiliser on the fields!

"and this money pays for their 2 weeks holiday the next year."

..so they can afford to do it all over again.

"I really do despair,worry for the future,and no-one will listen,well not seriously anyway.Also there are those so called "pikers" who agreed to the longlining of some of the Western Loughs,"

Does long lining rely on the pike gorging the bait and trebles?

"( Mask/Corrib) to help rid the Pike from these Loughs.There is a lot more to it,but in such a forum as this,not eneough space,I do hope you have some sort of idea what we Irish Pikers are up against."

..or, it seems, part of!

Des....   :mad:

Good luck and my full support. Does anyone know of this happening in England, Scotland of Wales? I Know the clowns on the Lakes sometimes do things like this in the name of research.

Op -JB

Yo Des !

Activ 8 (eightball) is neither milk or fishmeal

based !It´s composed of 8 ingredients(unfortunately , a well guarded secret ,known to only afew...myself not included), of which combined with the Activator...produces this carp

catcher.I´m also curious to find out about these

8 ingredients, but for now,i´ll have to settle for

the Activ 8 Dip + my favorite homemades.. :D:D

Cheers M8 !

UncleZeb :cool:

Piker,

I'm pretty sure active 8 is somewhat similar to the grange in that it has some (5-10%) fishmeal. It also will have your standard components i.e. your standard milk proteins but isn't what you'd called a milk or HNV bait.

If you're after a good fish catcher then consider the grange, it has gone slightly out of favour but in my opinion (& experience) is at least as good if not slightly better than active 8.

Rob.