Up the french

barry luxton

At the port of Calais, one British traveller said the fishermen appeared occasionally to be letting a ship in and out of the port, but in a "very sporadic" fashion.

That was one ferry and it was empty, had to return to Dover for a crew shift change.

I work in the freight transport industry and based in Dover docks i can sit and watch events out the window.

I feel for the family's and those in coach's sitting on a very large concrete car park, so far for 12 hours.

Who knows how long they might be there. There is a small food hall, but they charge about £6 for a burger

and 20 ciggies cost nearly £ 7, most smokers would have run low expecting to get their duty free's onboard, total rip off.

Back to the freight, we have run out of trucks, already, to make collections off of the continent.

To make matters worth i have 48 tons of Carlsberg sitting on a motorway out side Calais :headhurt: Damn you French.

is the M20 totally closed ? the thought of using the A20 frightens me it was a bad road when it was used :rolleyes:

hopefully its over by the 22nd

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

is the M20 totally closed ? the thought of using the A20 frightens me it was a bad road when it was used :rolleyes:

hopefully its over by the 22nd

Well according to the latest info:

16/04/09

5.30am - Operation Stack's been lifted for now because French fisherman have cleared their blockades at Calais. This means that traffic's been cleared from Kent overnight, however Kent Police say the strikes are likely to resume again this morning, meaning more problems for Kent's roads

This could mean that the french night shift strikers failed to turn up but the day shift ones are on there way.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I watched the news about this on TV earlier and two things crossed my mind:

1. The French are lucky to have a fleet that can block ports. I doubt there's enough of ours left to block a duck pond!

2. How hard would it be for a ferry to push a few fishing boats out of the way?

The newspapers showed pictures of a couple of 20ft boats pulling a cable across the entrances, its more a "token" blockage, rather than loads of boats physically moored across the entrances.

Most of the French fishermen will be in the bars, or combing their nose hair.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

or licking their lovers armpit hair :D

isnt it refreshing we can say what we like about the frogs yet substitute any non european country (or even some new states) and your vilified as some sort of xenophobic racist ,foreigners (all of them! no prejudice here) are there to be insulted thats why they're foreign :rolleyes:

we in turn are hated the world over as foreigners can hate who they please as well (its only fair)

got to grudgingly admit they do show the government who elected them ,its just a pity it usually involves us :D

the english are now so under the thumb (or terrorists under our laws if you even think about rebelling) we now know its pointless to protest a sad fact that were now a subordinate to every country on earth bar tasmania when only a short time historically we told the world what to do and they jumped to do it :D no mention of racism or xenophobia then it was how things were!

the PC ers have almost got their way the english are nearly a thing of the past and just faceless good europeans with no minds of their own :( looks like france has taken the english old fashioned not taking any shite stance ,well when it suits them.

surprised the lorry drivers arnt having a go about the diesel prices (not a murmur when they spiralled upwards) is it our terrorist law implementers had a word in the ears of the organisers and were told bad things will happen to their families if they play up again? ,600 people a day 210,000 people a year disappear in the UK not all are heard of again ;)

if 85% are located that still means 30,000 could be being disposed of /hidden /secretly imprisoned etc by the government as "terrorists" or terrorist sympathisers or just families of fuel protesters

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Got this email off of P&O this afternoon........."Financial Settlement" ??? :rolleyes:

We are pleased to inform you that business is back to normal, after the disruption caused by the fishermen's blockades in the French ports

We have been advised that the protests are over for the time being and that no further action will be taken during the next fortnight while the fishermen consider the details of the financial settlement offered to them by their government.

We naturally hope this turns out to be correct and that we can go about our business unhindered by further protests.

Best regards

P&O Ferries Holdings Ltd

Freight Sales Department

Just heard on the news its 4,000,000 euro's eek3.gif

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

Sounds like thier fishermen really need to hide away and go quiet for a while. Im surprised the uk fishermen haven't ganged up and gone over there to ask what the ....... they are playing at. Appears that they want thier cake and the uk's and to spit the pips out at the rest of the eu. Something just ain't right according to the quote below.

According to UK fishermen on the South Coast and reported by Channel Four's FourMore News last night, trawler crews from Boulogne and other ports are receiving huge EU subsidies worth up to £7.5 million for landing illegal or ' black' fish.

The European Commission admitted there were problems and says it is trying to solve them,but the disclosure has angered British fishermen who say they are playing by the rules and suffering financially as because of it. Anger against EU fishing policy is growing on both sides.

Does anyone know about these 'black fish landings' ?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..