Carp nearby

Hello fellow anglers. I'm primarily a Bass angler but I have a nice size pond beside my house with quite an abundance of some pretty big carp. This may sound silly but what do you catch carp on? Never caught one so I would like to try it out. Thanks

sweetcorn,bread,luncheon meat,worms,maggots,cheese,meatballs,sausage meat,peperami the list goes on, and thats before you walk in to the tackle shop. Best thing to is to speak to the other anglers on the lake I'm sure they can help you out.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

14 hours have past on this topic, and noone has said boilies!!!!!!!

try corn....

important thing seems to be the rig, i.e hair rig, and dont hook ur bait!

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Anthony78:

Best thing to is to speak to the other anglers on the lake I'm sure they can help you out.

LOL - Ant78, the odds that there is another carp angler on the lake are tiny-to-vanishing.

Byrd - not trying to run you off because this is a great forum but give a look at www.carpanglersgroup.com for some ideas. It is a North American carping forum (US/Canada mostly) and has members all over the US. Chances are excellent you can find someone in your part of the country.

And FWIW, lots of us on the that forum are converted bass guys who do still chase old bucketmouth from time to time.

The UK basically does not have freshwater bass - largemouth or smallmouth. A few but very rare. Pike angling is the UK equiv. of Bass angling for us.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President