cat meat past

bill

I've used this a few years ago. Easy to make, add one tin of cat food to a bowl, and add flour, mixing with a fork so you can squash all the lumps down. Once all the lumps have gone you then knead the stuff with your hands to get the right consistency.

Not much fun making the stuff, and the stink stays on your hands for ages.

Having said that, it worked very well for me. Best one I found was Felix, Tuna flavour.

I must say though, that I don't bother making paste anymore, just use the cat food that is in lumps with a gravy sauce. Works very well for Carp.

Paul

I thought he meant the stuff Izaac Walton described, which was made from Cats and Honey, if I remember correctly...I'm not sure about the legality of using Cats...maybe the local vet could help??...lol :P

[ 04. June 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy Macfarlane:

I thought he meant the stuff Izaac Walton described, which was made from Cats and Honey, if I remember correctly...I'm not sure about the legality of using Cats...maybe the local vet could help??...lol   :P  

Here's how Izaak recommended you make cat meat paste (yes - with real cat meat!). Taken from the chapter on Carp.....

"And your paste must be thus made: Take the flesh of a rabbit or cat cut small, and bean-flour: and if that may not be easily got, get other flour, and then mix these together, and put to them either sugar, or honey, which I think better; and then beat these together in a mortar, or sometimes work them in your hands, your hands being very clean; and then make it into a ball, or t wo, or three, as you like best for your use; but you must work or pound it so long in the mortar, as to make it so tough as to hang upon your hook without washing from it, yet not too hard: or that you may the better keep it on your hook, you may knead with your paste a little, and not much, white or yellowish wool.

And if you would have this paste keep all the year for any other fish, then mix with it virgin-wax and clarified honey, and work them together with your hands before the fire; then make these into balls, and they will keep all the year. "

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

There you go. I even had the recipe right.

Is this the first mention of shelf-life boilies??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Yeah - reckon so - though of course these were put by the fire so maybe they should have been called bakies!!

Incidently here is a paste recipe which is some 200 years earlier - from The Treatise on Fishing with an Angle (attr Dame Juliana Berners)

"take mutton fat and soft cheese, of each the same amount, and a little honey and grind or beat them together a long time, and work it until it is tough. Add to it a little flour and make it into small pellets."

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I fished on thursday with the stuff. It's smells bloody awful. My mate has taken our club matches apart last year using pellets. I pleasure fished with him to watch and learn. He did what he's been doing all year and he was catching early and plenty and finnished having a very good day.

I was not equipped with his pellets so told him I would fish paste. I cupped in 3 pots of Sensas Crazybait Gold and went in over it with the paste.

I made it from a tin of Koshida catmeat mixed with Dynamite baits Koi swim stim ground bait which is green, so the paste finnishes green and boy do they home in on it. I caught loads of little hand sized carp. This swim stim stuff really keeps them interested, I was getting bites ALL THE TIME. My mate uses their pellets. In a match last year at Fleets dam, he fed these and I could see the fish bubbling in his swim from 3 pegs away. No one else had evidence of fish in their swim like he had. Try my recipe and I'm sure you'll catch, It's the best formula I've come up with yet, fish it over 3mm Dynamite baits Swim Stim pellets fed sparingly. Good luck.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.