Wigan Canal Stretches

rourke7719

I think if anyone has it it will be Wigan Anglers. If you want a quiet peacefull water then Island Dam is a quiet syndicate water on the two mile stretch. You can join at the tackle shop in Pemberton (I think 35 notes a year) and the staff are all very helpfull. It's a lovley clean well looked after water with some corkin fish.

This is going to make me sound really tight giving the previous posts but I remember fishing Island Dam as day ticket water, now its been a while since I have been but it was a place I would only visit once or twice a year because I didn't really rate it that highly. So to pay 35 notes a year to fish it doesn't seem that good of a deal to be honest - unless they have improved it since I last went down there (about 4 years ago maybe)

Guest tigger
This is going to make me sound really tight giving the previous posts but I remember fishing Island Dam as day ticket water, now its been a while since I have been but it was a place I would only visit once or twice a year because I didn't really rate it that highly. So to pay 35 notes a year to fish it doesn't seem that good of a deal to be honest - unless they have improved it since I last went down there (about 4 years ago maybe)

I can't understand what you don't rate about it unless you just didn't catch. If it's a fish a chuck your after then your gonna have to go down the commercial route.

If you want value for your money you won't beat the Wigan card. There's rafts of waters to go at for 24 squid.

I can't understand what you don't rate about it unless you just didn't catch. If it's a fish a chuck your after then your gonna have to go down the commercial route.

If you want value for your money you won't beat the Wigan card. There's rafts of waters to go at for 24 squid.

I'm not that bothered about getting a fish a chuck and when I fished island dam I didn't do to bad, my pb tench is actually from there. It's not so much the fishing that I didn't rate but its hard to say exactly what it was, there was just something about it. Sounds weird I know but I can't help that.

About the Wigan card - This is what I'm trying to figure out, whether the stillwaters are any good. I'm a bit cautious because I've joined clubs in the past that have had really poor waters on them that are just not worth the money - even if it is cheap. If the Wigan waters are worth fishing then its something I will definitly look into joining