Aah, the bank holidays

Anderoo

Just read this and it sounds like an absolute nightmare...sounds like you had lots of patience Anderoo

I've decided to fish Chew and the rivers (when open) this year so not a bivvy & associated moron in sight

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the place Anderoo (.....and you know what I think). :D

Your nightmare would have been made complete if only 'Sam The Baliff' and his purple-rinse roadkill hairstyle had paid you a visit..... :rolleyes:

Roll on to the 16th June!!

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

I know the place Anderoo (.....and you know what I think). :D

Your nightmare would have been made complete if only 'Sam The Baliff' and his purple-rinse roadkill hairstyle had paid you a visit..... :rolleyes:

Roll on to the 16th June!!

He did! You can't park there sort of thing, god that guy pisses me off!

Rich

He did! You can't park there sort of thing, god that guy pisses me off!

Rich

Good God man - I feel for the pair of you! Did he not also tell you 'you are fishing in the wrong place for Tench.....'

One day (judging by some of the 'chaps' I met up there) someone will kill him......

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

Good God man - I feel for the pair of you! Did he not also tell you 'you are fishing in the wrong place for Tench.....'

One day (judging by some of the 'chaps' I met up there) someone will kill him......

No some other 'person' (not quite how he put it) had ruined the tench fishing! nothing to do with the millions or carpers, who can apparently park where they like ;)

I'm not sure anyone would help him out if anyone tried to! If you want a laugh ask Clive in Didcot tackle if he sells Newlands tickets, then ask why not....

Rich

No some other 'person' (not quite how he put it) had ruined the tench fishing! nothing to do with the millions or carpers, who can apparently park where they like ;)

I'm not sure anyone would help him out if anyone tried to! If you want a laugh ask Clive in Didcot tackle if he sells Newlands tickets, then ask why not....

Rich

Lol - his command of our native tongue has not improved then.

Flashback:

Fishing 'The Lagoon' over yonder from the Lake you and Andrew fished, four years ago. A small, battered van draws into the car park. Me - way over in the corner of the lake finally having located a group of Tench, they are growing confident as they feed on a bed of red maggots in front of me in a hole amongst the weedbed.

Time passes; I enjoy a cup of tea and woodbine, watching the Tench feed. A shape moves in the distance, growing nearer.

Some time later. A grunting noise can be heard to the left of me. Soon, I see the horror that is approaching.......

Baliff: TICKET. (roll-up stuck to his bottom lip)

Me: (Ignoring him)

Baliff: (bounds up to me, 'skylining my swim'; Tench c**p themselves and scarper into the weed beds) TICKET...urg

Me: Pardon?

Baliff: Ticket --- show ticket.

Me: You would like to see my permit?

Baliff: Ugg. (his roll-up begins to burn his lip; he curses and spits and moves his head annoyingly which causes his purple hair to move in an uncomfortable manner)

Me: (passes him pemit) There you go.

Baliff: (Looks at permit and 'frisby throws' it back to me)...Grunt...What u after?

Me:(Retrieving permit from undergrowth)...erm, well I was after some Tench.

Baliff: Wrong end of lake mate- over there you should get (points haphazardly)

Me: Oh...ok...thanks.

Baliff leaves. Later, I go and speak to an elderley gent fishing by the reeds, turns out he used to fish with Peter Stone years ago.

Me: So, have you met this Baliff guy yet

Elederley Gent: Erm......well....

Flashback END.

This sort of event would always happen, and when the same thing happened 'over the road' coupled with the events Andrew described it was the straw that broke my camels back I'm afraid.

Visit My Galleries

purple-rinse roadkill hairstyle

:lol::lol: Tee hee! I swear one day that thing's going to bite me and give me purple rabies.

I've had some great advice on one of the smaller lakes - 'put your float there [points] for green tench and there [points slightly to the right] for the black ones'

Whaat?!

The moaning about parking (I forgot that one!) was good too. 'How long's that car bin there?' 5 minutes, I'm just putting my gear in to go home. 'Can't be, I've been over there for more than 5 minutes'.

Sorry, that makes literally no sense.

It's such a pity, it's a beautiful lake but I'm almost at the point of no return now.

That scenario on the lagoon sounds horrendous, no wonder you don't want to go back :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

the only downside with the complex i fish and baiiff is that its a country park too one of the lakes has lush flat grass banks though which is normally packed with attractive sunbathing ladies ..... very distracting makes fishing there such a horrible experience B);)