Disneyland!(fishing)

Papa Lazarou

surely anyone who can afford to go to disney land for a fortnight need not think about fishing whilst there . . why not splash out on your own tropical island . .

it might be worth taking a few quid extra though, cos according to my mate who came back last year, the nearby superstores are worth visiting for just viewing the angling gear in there and the prices are about 50% of ours.

Suprising enough (no offence newt) but he told me there tackle is not much behind ours now (apart from poles) . . and some real bargains can be had on reels (especially Diawa) ..

he went out on a boat twice, but it was very expensive . ..

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/8...wim/DISNEY.HTML

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

I spent a day out bass fishing with a guide on Lake Tohopekaliga. Not the cheapest days fishing and the lake was a bit off colour that day, but learnt a lot about fishing artificials. If you're at all interested in lure fishing then it really is worth going out with a guide. They'll provide the gear as well which means you don't have to take it with you. Do a google search on 'fishing orlando' and you'll get plenty of guide-sites.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

i also went with a guide we fished with lives (shiners they were called )had about 7 bass including one about 6lb ,not bad when most others on the lake blanked .well worth the money as the boat ride itself was exciting.more than happy to pass on the guides details if required.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Suprising enough (no offence newt) but he told me there tackle is not much behind ours now (apart from poles)

Poles - I doubt if you can buy one anywhere over here. Possibly a specialty mail-order place or two but not any normal store.

Long rods - we cannot touch the UK for carp rods. There are a few mail-order places that sell them but all are imported UK rods.

Floats - most of ours wouldn't give a hint of a bite from the shy-biting fish you folks target.

But

Lure rods, lures, multiplier 'bait casting' reels, much better selection here.

Line - main difference is price unless you are looking for light lines where our selection is not nearly as broad as yours. Lines under 6lb and you have very few choices in the US.

Camo & general foul weather clothing - lots better selections and prices here.

Specialty 'long stay' items like bed chairs, bivvys, etc. pretty much don't exist here.

Much of what you find in a US 'general fishing' store would be restricted to sea angling suppliers in the UK.

That all being said, a visit to Orlando, FL without a trip to the Outdoor World / Bass Pro store is silly for any angler.

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World

5156 International Dr.

Orlando, FL 32819

407-563-5200

Email JJCozzolino@basspro.com

Open: 364 Days a Year!

Monday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

To give an idea of the scale, there will probably be 20 boats on display in the indoor section with probably another 200+ outside.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President