What do you sleep on?

Angly

What do others sleep on?

Currently I'm a fish OR sleep angler, so I see no need for a bedchair, especially as my bivvy sessions are fairly infrequent at the moment. So that leaves either a camp bed or some kind of mat, and I'm thinking the self-inflating mats look ideal.

Would welcome any thoughts on the matter.

Geoff

Long experience of both camping and carping tells me to tell you to put your hand in your wallet and get a decent bedchair that way you will get a decent nights sleep and wake up feeling well.

The new versions are even better that the JRC cocoon that I own belive me a decent bedchair is worth it's weight in gold

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Guest tigger

The TFG bedchairs look good and they seem to have some good deals on at the moment. I'm just in the prosess of trying to knock a shop down from 45 squid to as cheap as poss for the TFG signature. Last year at wingham I slept on the floor in a wrapped up newspaper and it was ok but I think I'm gonna move on to a bedchair for my next bivvy sessions. If I don't get a spot on wingham then I'm off up to Loch Ken for a few days so I want a propper bed. I used to have a jrc cocoon and it was a great bit of kit but it only got used by the Mr's when she sunbathed on it. I sold it along with the trakker big z bivvy having never used either.

Hmm, OK, I should point out that I camp at least yearly, sometimes more, and have done since I started Cubs almost 40 years ago. I sleep on the floor in a bag, usually on foam, sometimes not, but last year (due to a bad back and complaining partner) on an air bed. I'll agree not the same as home comforts, but certainly acceptable. I'm reluctant to spend yet more money (how often have I said that here! :rolleyes: ) on a bedchair that will get used so rarely, even though I fully appreciate it is the ultimate solution. After my Predator Fish-In experience earlier in the year I've realised I'm going to have to upgrade my worn out warm weather camping sleeping bag to at the very least a 3 season jobby, so that's another expense to be considered on top of whichever 'bed' I choose.

Not that I'm considering a bedchair in the slightest, especially not the TFG Signature at £45, but (and excuse the really dumb question), does the leg section fold down so that it can be used as a chair, and if not (which I'm guessing is the case, doesn't look like there's room), where does the 'chair' in 'bedchair' fit in?

Geoff

Guest tigger
Not that I'm considering a bedchair in the slightest, especially not the TFG Signature at £45, but (and excuse the really dumb question), does the leg section fold down so that it can be used as a chair, and if not (which I'm guessing is the case, doesn't look like there's room), where does the 'chair' in 'bedchair' fit in?

The signature at 45 notes is a very cheap bed and rated quite highly. I hate the thought of buying more crap but I don't think sleeping on the floors done me any good and the newspaper leaves you coverd in ink :rolleyes: . Regarding the chair in bedchair.....who knows it's nonsense to me. I was thinkin of using a cheap old sunbed i got from a bootsale for my Mr's birthday :lol: Only trouble with the sunbeds is they're not very stable.

I did a night under the stars (no bivvy) on a deckchair once. All I can say is OUCH, and WHAT WAS I THINKING :rolleyes: After that I went to my local tackle shop and bought a JRC bedchair for about £50.

Campers seem to do fine with foam or an inflatable mattress, so I don't see why that wouldn't be suitable. Bedchairs are good for keeping you off the ground and for comfort, and it means you can store things under it to save space.

If it's just for the fish-in, I'm sure somebody can lend you one.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If it's just for the fish-in, I'm sure somebody can lend you one.

Hmm, actually I usually don't like to borrow, silly pride and all that, but as the fish-in is my main concern, that's actually a splendid idea, at least I can see whether a bedchair is something I'd like to invest in. :thumbs:

Geoff

I sleep on my bedchair with my sleeping bag on top of that, as an extra layer of comfort, I then use a Trakker bedchair cover as a quilt.

I take my shoes off and place them next to the bed, so I can be on the rods in seconds, even though I might not have my shoes on properly, which can be done whilst playing the fish.