I'm going STROBIST!

Hellbelly

Your image above is striking to say the least, but its a taste issue - some will love it others will hate it.

I totally agree Steve. And what I've been finding funny on this thread isnt that people dont like post processed images, its the condescending way they seem to view them. Dont get me wrong, I've enjoyed the too and frow of the different opinions. I just get the feeling that some think its sort of not recognised in the world of photography.

Its here baby, and its here to stay.

And thank you Steve for bringing the thread back to what I intended it to be about :thumbs: . "Strobe Lighting". As I said, I've enjoyed the thread but each time I get off the PC I think "Dam, I forgot to say that I wasnt trying to debate HDR or post processing anyway" . :blink:

I've had the lights out last night and wow, lots to think about now!! Cant wait until I can get em on stands with umbrella's and maybe gels. Look out world, here I come!! :camera: :camera:

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I didn't come across as condescending with my remarks Mick - that certainly wasn't my intention!

As for the image of you? Well, I guess people will either love it or hate it...

Personally I love it! I can't for the life of me figure out what you've done, or how you've done it to get that effect, but I think it's stunning.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the results of your new toys!

Janet

I totally agree Steve. And what I've been finding funny on this thread isnt that people dont like post processed images, its the condescending way they seem to view them. Dont get me wrong, I've enjoyed the too and frow of the different opinions. I just get the feeling that some think its sort of not recognised in the world of photography.

Its here baby, and its here to stay.

And thank you Steve for bringing the thread back to what I intended it to be about :thumbs: . "Strobe Lighting". As I said, I've enjoyed the thread but each time I get off the PC I think "Dam, I forgot to say that I wasnt trying to debate HDR or post processing anyway" . :blink:

I've had the lights out last night and wow, lots to think about now!! Cant wait until I can get em on stands with umbrella's and maybe gels. Look out world, here I come!! :camera: :camera:

Mick.

Hi Mick, I think your post says it all, you are so enthusiastic about the way you are going. Personally, I am equally 'unenthusiastic' from my point of view. I dont want to be condescending, if thats how you see my comments, I apologise? . . . but I do need, and am entitled to express, why I dont like something with equal enthusiasm ;)

HDR, PhotoShoping, Strobe, Computer Art, etc., yep, they are all here and here to stay, you like it, you go for it mate. I'm a simple soul, and getting on a bit these days :wheelchair: so there is lots about the 'old ways' I like as much as you young'uns like modern technology, neither are wrong, but we both must be able to have our view . . . and live together :thumbs:

OK, so I don't much like HDR 'HB style', (although I do apreciate the artistry in your minds eye) however, does the 'Strobe' make it better . . . or different. :marinheiro: . . . ??? I can accept some messing about, 'solarised' a couple of photos for my mate of his yacht the other day, they are posted on here, he loved them, the original were a tad bland, a tweak on the 'S' colour curve, would have fixed that, but he liked the 'Solarised' shot. He is going to have a big one done, so I have to do him a full pixel CD.

It will be interesting to see how your strobe work pans out Mike . . . Not guaranteeing to like it though . . . :D

SW, OFC (old farts club)

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Hi Mick, I think your post says it all, you are so enthusiastic about the way you are going. Personally, I am equally 'unenthusiastic' from my point of view. I dont want to be condescending, if thats how you see my comments, I apologise? . . . but I do need, and am entitled to express, why I dont like something with equal enthusiasm ;)

HDR, PhotoShoping, Strobe, Computer Art, etc., yep, they are all here and here to stay, you like it, you go for it mate. I'm a simple soul, and getting on a bit these days :wheelchair: so there is lots about the 'old ways' I like as much as you young'uns like modern technology, neither are wrong, but we both must be able to have our view . . . and live together :thumbs:

OK, so I don't much like HDR 'HB style', (although I do apreciate the artistry in your minds eye) however, does the 'Strobe' make it better . . . or different. :marinheiro: . . . ??? I can accept some messing about, 'solarised' a couple of photos for my mate of his yacht the other day, they are posted on here, he loved them, the original were a tad bland, a tweak on the 'S' colour curve, would have fixed that, but he liked the 'Solarised' shot. He is going to have a big one done, so I have to do him a full pixel CD.

It will be interesting to see how your strobe work pans out Mike . . . Not guaranteeing to like it though . . . :D

SW, OFC (old farts club)

This is getting to be a bit of a habit but once again I have to agree with Cliff (SW). Like him I to apologize if I sounded condescending in my previous posts it was not intended, I was merely expressing my own opinion. Although it does not happen very often I do try to get the photo I want straight out of the camera. It is quite possible that I do this as my Photo Shop skills leave a lot to be desired.

Fortunately on an open forum like this we all get to put our 2p worth and this is how it should be.

Del. (Founder Member) OFC. :P

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.