campsites with lakes?

fortymick

Hi All im new to the site so not sure if im posting this in the right area but here goes neways......Im hoping you can help me im lookin for a touring caravan/campsite within about a hours or so drive from Teesside that has a water that holds Pike ive searched the web and asked on camping forums ive found plenty that have lakes on them but most dont list what is stocked and it would cost me a small fortune to ring them all and ask :headhurt: so as i say im hoping some one here can point me in the right direction.

Also im thinking of heading over to the lakes in a few weeks time,ive been told that ulswater holds no pike but several of the other lakes do the obvious being windermere,is it possible to fish for them from the bank as im tryin to keep costs down and dont really want to hire a boat, i know im askin for a lot of info but it really will be apprecciated.

Cheers Mick.

Hi Mick not fished here now for a couple of years but this place used to hold some good pike

http://www.cawoodpark.com/

As for Windermere there is some bank access but id recommend a boat i know theres various places you can hire them but ive no idea how much they cost . On a place like Windermere you have to find the fish & thats where having a boat is priceless the amount of water you can cover in a short time will definately help you catch . Last time i was up in January i had one just short of 20lb i didnt see anyone bank fishing getting anything even though some of them seemed to using about 4 rods spread over about 100 yds . Trust me get afloat its worth it :thumbs:

Check this link you should get some good info of here

http://www.lakedistrictfishing.net/

Good luck

The more i practice the luckier i get :)

Also im thinking of heading over to the lakes in a few weeks time,ive been told that ulswater holds no pike but several of the other lakes do the obvious being windermere,is it possible to fish for them from the bank as im tryin to keep costs down and dont really want to hire a boat, i know im askin for a lot of info but it really will be apprecciated.

Cheers Mick.

Look up Coniston Hall campsite,this campsite is right on the east bank of coniston water,which holds pike.The fishing there is free,it also holds perch,trout and char..I fished there myself last year whilst staying at coniston hall and caught a couple of pike and a few perch,,,i also lost a couple of big fish on waggler fished worm,,never saw them so i don't know what they were.If you are intending fishing from the campsite itself the best times to fish are mornings and evenings,before and after all the paddlers,swimmers and kayakers start splashing about.Oh,and the campsite is very nice too.. Edited by wellyphant

Hi All im new to the site so not sure if im posting this in the right area but here goes neways......Im hoping you can help me im lookin for a touring caravan/campsite within about a hours or so drive from Teesside that has a water that holds Pike ive searched the web and asked on camping forums ive found plenty that have lakes on them but most dont list what is stocked and it would cost me a small fortune to ring them all and ask :headhurt: so as i say im hoping some one here can point me in the right direction.

Cheers Mick.

Not sure whereabouts on Teesside you live but you can see where I'm from, probably one of those PAC men you've met on the river who've given opinions on other venues if you know what I mean

If I were looking for a tourer pitch with some quality piking I'd try here http://www.wykehamlakes.co.uk/oldlakes/Lak...rseAngling.html

All the contact details are there and it has the benefit of being able to drive round the winter lake ( dont let the name put you off its an all year round lake) leaving your van in safety and your gear delivered to the waters edge. You can always get the missus to drop you off.

Good fishing in pleasant surroundings and within your hour or so of home on the Pickering to Scarbrough road

Not sure whereabouts on Teesside you live but you can see where I'm from, probably one of those PAC men you've met on the river who've given opinions on other venues if you know what I mean

If I were looking for a tourer pitch with some quality piking I'd try here http://www.wykehamlakes.co.uk/oldlakes/Lak...rseAngling.html

All the contact details are there and it has the benefit of being able to drive round the winter lake ( dont let the name put you off its an all year round lake) leaving your van in safety and your gear delivered to the waters edge. You can always get the missus to drop you off.

Good fishing in pleasant surroundings and within your hour or so of home on the Pickering to Scarbrough road

Thanks guys really do appreciate all the info cawood is now on my list looks like a good site,also the lakes info is great,....Brian ive met Bob watson and Gino both members of pac up here and i keep meaning to attend the meetings up here are they still holding them first tue of each month at the coxhoe club?? i may well have met you on the local river im there during the season most days work permiting, thanks for the site info,i cant pm at the mo think i need to post 16 times to allow me to do this,but if you want to pm me any other places mum will be the word, cheers brian.

Mick.

You do need 15 posts before you can use the PM facility

Gino and Bob are my partners in crime and we're usually to be found somewhere along the bankside, Bob posts on here under the name of 'Arkay' but Gino does'nt like the computer

The region still meets at Coxhoe on the first Tuesday of the month and is now run by the very capable Shane Patterson

• 1 year later...
Look up Coniston Hall campsite,this campsite is right on the east bank of coniston water,which holds pike.The fishing there is free,it also holds perch,trout and char..I fished there myself last year whilst staying at coniston hall and caught a couple of pike and a few perch,,,i also lost a couple of big fish on waggler fished worm,,never saw them so i don't know what they were.If you are intending fishing from the campsite itself the best times to fish are mornings and evenings,before and after all the paddlers,swimmers and kayakers start splashing about.Oh,and the campsite is very nice too..

wellyphant, this is great, I go camping with my mates here every year and will be going in a few weeks. I'm new to fishing, did a "Try it day" up at Derwent resevoir in Northumbria and have been a couple of times since. I only "know" what I learnt there; fishing with powerbait on a ledger so any advise on what I'd need to change would be greatly appreciated. Can I fish from the edge near the campsite? I know it quite well so any specifics of where to go would be greatly recieved.

Thanks,

JimmyP

Look up Coniston Hall campsite,this campsite is right on the east bank of coniston water,which holds pike.The fishing there is free,it also holds perch,trout and char..I fished there myself last year whilst staying at coniston hall and caught a couple of pike and a few perch,,,i also lost a couple of big fish on waggler fished worm,,never saw them so i don't know what they were.If you are intending fishing from the campsite itself the best times to fish are mornings and evenings,before and after all the paddlers,swimmers and kayakers start splashing about.Oh,and the campsite is very nice too..

wellyphant, this is great, I go camping here with my mates every year and will be there in a few weeks. I'm new to fishing, I did a "Try it day" up at Derwent with Northumbrian Water and enjoyed it, been a couple of times since. I only know what I learnt there, using a ledger with powerbait and have caught a few rainbow trout. I would appreciate any advise on what to do differently/use at coniston. Can I fish from the edge or would I need a boat? I know the campsite quite well so any specifics of the area(s) to go to would also be greatly recieved.

Thanks in advance,

JimmyP