Coniston

lutra

Dose anyone know where i can hire a boat from on Coniston with out paying stupid prices. I was thinking of having a few days after char, but with them prices it would be cheaper to go Marlin fishing.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

it would be cheaper to go Marlin fishing.

I wish!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I wish!

OK so I might have exaggerated a bit, but their rowing boats are still more than twice the price of my local trout res and they come with lecy outboards.

how about trolling with this one :D

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

I can't remember if I'm 100% correct on this but I 'think' Windermere and District AA may have a boat on Coniston that's available to members and associate members, the cost of membership is quite reasonable and gives you access to a lot of water.

I'll find their website and post a link.

http://sodointernet.co.uk/phpwebsite/index...osition=287:287

Doesn't mention Boats anymore but I know they used to have some available for members on the bigger Lakes.

Edited by Rob Ward

I can't remember if I'm 100% correct on this but I 'think' Windermere and District AA may have a boat on Coniston that's available to members and associate members, the cost of membership is quite reasonable and gives you access to a lot of water.

I'll find their website and post a link.

http://sodointernet.co.uk/phpwebsite/index...osition=287:287

Doesn't mention Boats anymore but I know they used to have some available for members on the bigger Lakes.

Thanks for that Rob and nice try, but sadly i cant see anything about boats on Coniston. Which is a shame as I'm in a club that has an exchange scheme with Windermere and District AA . :)

I couldn't either but I know they did have them, there was a lad used to post on here under the name 'Awaar' (from your neck of the woods) who had used their boat on Bassenthwaite a couple of times. Might be worth getting in touch to find out what the score is.

They did have one stolen from Windermere at one point so they may not be making it public knowledge anymore.