He's back

barry luxton

Should have given him a Knighthood. Fought tooth and nail for his members.

Den

And look what he achieved...

The mines still closed, the miners achieved nothing after a year on strike, many of the miners by taking union legal advice lost much of their payouts whilst the union recommended solicitors made a mint.

On the other hand, he was a canny media operator - and was as effective, maybe more so, than any union leader before or after.

In failing to achieve anything constructive as a union leader, those with a memory would be nlkely to support the SLP. As for UKIP, they're like extremist Tories. Either party would gain votes based upon disaffection with the mainstream parties, yet the alternatives hardly have a track record of commendable achievement.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

In the same way that Custer fought tooth and nail for his troops.

His combination of dogma and self delusion lead to the total destruction of an industry that might otherwise only have had it's nationalised union driven wings clipped.

Well said, "King Arthur" didn't do the miners any favours, go and find some old miners and ask them.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Well said, "King Arthur" didn't do the miners any favours, go and find some old miners and ask them.

Whilst I agree there are those who think he should have been made a saint, never mind just knighted... :unsure:

Rob.